Print Page | Close Window

Will And Cindy's 750XXL 200 Gallon Build

Printed From: Utah Reefs
Category: Main
Forum Name: Tank Threads
Forum Description: A place to show off your tank build.
URL: http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=83770
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 9:26am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Will And Cindy's 750XXL 200 Gallon Build
Posted By: Wrogers
Subject: Will And Cindy's 750XXL 200 Gallon Build
Date Posted: December 17 2017 at 11:40am
Just wanted to share our new tank with all of you. Here we go!!

Picked up our new tank at OCD. They matched the best price i could find on the internet. Great bunch to work with and we support our local shops anytime we can..

Its a big heavy crate OCDs neighbors had a fork lift to help load it on our trailer.

OCDs employee always has a smile on her face.

-------------
William Rogers

Replies:
Date Posted: December 17 2017 at 12:38pm
Drive home was with out incident, now to open this beast and get it in the house.

The wife in the background supervising the work. 

The wife and her new skimmer..

Time to put the cabinet together. Glade it was a nice day outside, needs lots of room..

Now to get the stand and tank inside. Tank weight over 350 pounds so I enlisted 3 Marines and a neighbor..

Level this bad boy up.

Insert sump

This is where we stopped. I am hoping for a fresh water test this week end 12-17-17

We will be using all dry rock and some from our 90 Gallon tank that we will be tearing down.
We have about 300 pounds of this I hope to make something special with it. Some of the cleanest rock I have seen. From Marine Depot.

More to come. Thank you for looking !!

-------------
William Rogers

Posted By: Adam Blundell
Date Posted: December 17 2017 at 8:04pm
Looking good

-------------
Come to a meeting, they�re fun!

Date Posted: December 30 2017 at 11:56pm
Freshwater test done. Starting on Rock. Having a hard time with it. This is what I have so far. Not done yet!! hope to have saltwater in it this weekend Smile

-------------
William Rogers

Posted By: backwards32
Date Posted: January 02 2018 at 10:23am
looks good Will. It was great to meet you yesterday. I am excited to see this tank up and running. soon

-------------
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime

Posted By: Krazie4Acans
Date Posted: January 02 2018 at 10:45am
Nice tank Will!

What will be lighting this tank up?

What did you do for plumbing and how do you have the sump setup?

-------------
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63568&title=krazies-nano-paradise" rel="nofollow - Tank Thread:

Date Posted: January 06 2018 at 10:28am
Well Day 4 with salt water in it. Here is the pluming, return pump, lighting, ect. 

I went with the M1 for return. I am a hard pipe guy don't like any flex tubing but with only one hand right now, well I did flex for the return Confused I will do the UV the same for now, but will put that on when I start putting fish in it. I will hard pipe it all when I get the use of my hand back.

-------------
William Rogers

Date Posted: January 06 2018 at 10:42am
Lighting I have 4 AI Hydra Twentysix HD on the tank. They are on set to where they will be permanently. I will move them around here in a few days and hide cords ect. I just might put a fifth one on it not sure yet. Any thoughts?

-------------
William Rogers

Date Posted: January 06 2018 at 11:05am
So one problem I ran into was Red Sea return blew sand everywhere. Problem solved Smile

-------------
William Rogers

Date Posted: January 06 2018 at 11:15am
Sump set up.Back section is Skimmer and reactors,Tons of room. Front section will be a refuge. It is smaller then I would like so I bought a light to help that out. We will see if it works out.. Any thoughts? Yes there reservoir has to go!! Great idea but takes up to much room.

-------------
William Rogers

Posted By: Krazie4Acans
Date Posted: January 06 2018 at 11:20am
Those H380 lights grow stuff like crazy!

-------------
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63568&title=krazies-nano-paradise" rel="nofollow - Tank Thread:

Date Posted: January 06 2018 at 11:26am
We are using Red Sea to kick this tank off. In 14 days it tells me we will be adding our first fish. We will see.. So fa our parameters are right in line to what they say they should be. Any thoughts?

-------------
William Rogers

Date Posted: January 06 2018 at 11:31am
OK more to come. This is the tank as of now..Thx for looking Smile

-------------
William Rogers

Posted By: sabeypets
Date Posted: January 06 2018 at 3:48pm
Looks Great!

-------------
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams

Posted By: theresawhite
Date Posted: January 07 2018 at 1:27am
Wow Will and Cindy! It's looking awesome. Can't wait to see it in person some day.

Date Posted: January 07 2018 at 2:27am
Any time Smile My home is always open to fellow reefers..

-------------
William Rogers

Posted By: jdinchak
Date Posted: January 09 2018 at 9:45pm
Looks good! 

-------------
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank

Posted By: WildBill
Date Posted: February 01 2018 at 3:59pm
Looks good. What’s your stocking plan?

Posted By: TriggerHappy
Date Posted: February 06 2018 at 9:17pm
How is the light spread with the four AI Hydra Twentysix's?

Posted By: shaggydoo
Date Posted: February 07 2018 at 7:38am
Looks awesome. Following along!

-------------
60g LPS Cube

Date Posted: February 17 2018 at 7:27am
Sorry about not posting and not going to meetings. My arm is getting better every day. 1 more operation too go. I have all corals moved over from my 90 gal tank and fish. I have found out I know nothing about refuges... Info you get from the internet is somewhat useless to much contradictions. So maybe you all can help me?? 

: I received Chaeto (Chaetomorpha linum) Looked green a healthy. I have a RedSea 750 XXL 200 gal system. I am usining the Kesil 380 and its on the Chaeto when the lights are off about 14 hrs. Does the Cheto need to Tumble? It does not in this system. Should I be leaving the lights (380) on for the whole time my main lights are off? Im new to the refuge thing I have always used reactors.. Thx for any help..
William Rogers

-------------
William Rogers

Date Posted: February 17 2018 at 7:30am
Ill post a list ASAP. I am going to try and put a boot load of Wrasse in this tank. 

-------------
William Rogers

Date Posted: February 17 2018 at 7:49am
I put the 2 outside lights where there was not much bleed off to the out side of the tank. Then moved the other 2 almost equal distance from them. I am checking out Par as we go. I put the lights on a 30 day acclimation and keeping an eye out for burning. I have had to move several corals down so far. I am using Red Sea recommended settings. We will see how this works out.  Would love to know what others are using for there light set-ups.

-------------
William Rogers

Posted By: TriggerHappy
Date Posted: February 17 2018 at 8:41am
Cheto does fine not tumbling.  As far as 'fuge lighting, I've always turned the 'fuge lights on when the tank lights are off.  Tends to help with pH.

-------------
210 gallon Mixed Reef

Posted By: shaggydoo
Date Posted: February 17 2018 at 9:04am
My chaeto doesn't tumble and is fine. I stretch it out every week usually when I harvest. I run 24/7 lighting but have read it's better with 8 hrs of dark so I manually turn off when main tank lighting is on during the work week. Have not noticed any changes in growth either way.

I have been dialing down my main tanks ai hydra hd settings. I've found most recommended settings are way too high for lps but it depends on what you are keeping.

-------------
60g LPS Cube

Date Posted: February 17 2018 at 9:04am
Thank you.. One more thing. Should I stop using nopox? 

-------------
William Rogers

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net