Print Page | Close Window

Selling - Getting out

Printed From: Utah Reefs
Category: Main
Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Description: Posts that don't fit in any of the other categories.
URL: http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70760
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 9:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Selling - Getting out
Posted By: love2skiutah
Subject: Selling - Getting out
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:09am
Selling everything, getting out of the hobby.

I'm going to try and sell the entire system as a whole, if I can't get it done in the next 60 days, I will part it out.  

400 starphire Leemar - 
Canopy and stand - 
Elite Aquatics Sump - 
Vertex Reactor - 
Koralin bio-denitrator 
3 MP40's -
4 Radion Pros -
2 WP60's - 
2 DC return pumps - 
Reef Octopus DC skimmer -
Vertex Libra doser with dosing box - 

Neptune systems Apex, I'm into this around $1,000 - Would take $600 for all

Controller, 2 EB8's, PH probe, temp probe, Salinity probe with module, WXM, Break Out Box, Leak detection module with 2 floor probes  

Around 350lbs of live rock - 

I'm into the system North of 18K - 6 months up and running 

Text me for more pics - 801-five one zero - 9146

I'll still be on reef tour with it up and running. 

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/love2skiutah/media/D6B12FD4-B76A-4784-8CF6-564A250627A6-786-000000A73E793F8E_zps9b3eccb5.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/love2skiutah/media/528D09CA-C45F-496C-BAB0-D8AB883DD4EE.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Replies:
Posted By: willstang
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:10am
No!!! Why?

Posted By: Nick801
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:10am
Whoa April 1st is over... what gives?

-------------
http://www.reefinsanity.com" rel="nofollow - www.ReefInsanity.com
http://www.facebook.com/ReefInsanity" rel="nofollow - www.Facebook.com/ReefInsanity
801-680-4676

Posted By: ctreeftank
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:18am
I am interested in buying all the live rock

Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:19am
Okay, got  you guys down. If I can't get the entire set up sold, I will contact. 

Posted By: ctreeftank
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:22am
Okay if you can't sell the equipment i will by it

Posted By: golfnut1232
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:26am
I would be interested in 2 of the radion pro's if part out happens.  

Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:27am
Originally posted by golfnut1232 golfnut1232 wrote:

I would be interested in 2 of the radion pro's if part out happens.  

Got it

Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:32am
Williams for 2 Radions, 1 EB8 and 2 MP40s

Posted By: Fatman
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:36am
Wow, no one saw that coming! Sorry, this is a community loss.

Fat

Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:38am
Nick - 2 DC pumps, 2 WP 60's

Posted By: Dan9554880
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:39am
What about the livestock?

-------------
210 Mixed Reef
20 Nuvo nano reef
Learn your tank, not the hobby

Posted By: SWells
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:41am
What are the dimensions of the tank?

Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Dan9554880 Dan9554880 wrote:

What about the livestock?

I have a Moorish Idol, Copper Band and Gold Flake in quarantine. 

I have some inverts, but nothing major.  Crabs, Sand sifting stars, snails, Sea Biscuits (aka sand dollars). 

Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 11:10am
I actually just got a really good offer from someone.  I'll let you guys know if he doesn't come through. 

Posted By: Krazie4Acans
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 11:34am
This is truly a very sad day! Aaron you will be missed. I hope that it is a temporary departure and that your next system is even bigger (although it will have to be in another room) Good luck with the sale of an incredible system. Krazie

I guess I really do have to keep this Mandarin now. Good thing I can grow pods.

-------------
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63568&title=krazies-nano-paradise" rel="nofollow - Tank Thread:

Posted By: endorphin8
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 11:55am
I am interested in the tank & stand if you decide to part it out. I may also be interested in the sump, returns, & other components with it.

Posted By: mikebrennan
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 12:09pm
Interested in the Apex if youre parting out

Posted By: DMower
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 12:14pm
Very sad. Sorry for your loss.

-------------
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.

Posted By: Adam Blundell
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 12:15pm
Wow!!!!

Adam

-------------
Come to a meeting, they�re fun!

Posted By: Hogie
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 12:24pm
Are you moving?

Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Hogie Hogie wrote:

Are you moving?

Nope. After taking a big hit before I even installed it, losing thousands in fish and coral, I'm done. I can't keep doing it anymore. I'm not willing to shell out more dough to buy more livestock.

Posted By: suiso man
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 2:00pm
I wish I could afford it all!!! I want a big tank

Posted By: golfnut1232
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 2:24pm
I'd be willing to donate a few frags to help get you back on track.  I'm not talking radioactive greens and eagle eyes either.  I can't speak for others but my guess is that some peeps would do the same.

Posted By: Dion Richins
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 2:25pm
Holy Cow!!!!

-------------
http://www.customaquariumfurniture.com" rel="nofollow - Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Posted By: LaRue
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 2:31pm
If donations will keep you in it I will throw some frags in also I hate to see anyone get out of this hobby let alone someone who has built themselves such an amazing setup

Posted By: Teknik777
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 3:25pm
Count me in on donations also.

-------------
220 G SPS Display.

Posted By: jbutler
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 3:29pm
Don't do it man!! I have a bunch of freebies for you. We'll get that tank kicking some butt again!

Posted By: dca22anderson
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 3:32pm
You know I'll donate too to keep you in bro! Matter of fact I will provide tons of corals to keep you in and enjoying this sweet hobby!

-------------
Dave Anderson
Saratoga Springs, UT

Posted By: Bryce
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 3:41pm
Man all these donations offers has me thinking I should probably get out, yep, I'm definitely getting out  ;) ......in all seriousness, that is a dream system for most of us and it would be a shame to not give it a second go...if anything, sell non essential components to fund a restocking and replace it at a later date.

-------------
65g Reef

Posted By: tileman
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 4:34pm
Aaron, Aaron, Aaron,  After all that you have been through getting that Damn tank set up.  You are going to throw in the towel because you added way too many fish before your bacteria could handle it?????
Now listen, listen carefully!!  Don't rush and make up your mind soo, soo fast.  Let the dust settle and after a month or so. throw in a half dozen chromis and see how they do for a month.  Your system is to die for, and really,,, you have just gone wayyyy Too fast in adding livestock.  Everyone can guess at what went wrong, or what disease your tank has, or this and that.. If you ask me , your bioload was too much for your young bacteria to handle.. period..You can have the fanciest, biggest , most expensive equipment money can buy, but if your biological bacteria isn't mature enough, or strong enough to handle a ton of waste and fish. IT WONT WORK.  Sit back and chill for a few days.  PATIENCE.... After the tour , regroup and think about it.  Start slow .......   DON"T GIVE UP!!!!!
How will you ever look me in the eye again if you quit. Wink

-------------
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&

Posted By: Bryce
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by tileman tileman wrote:

Don't rush and make up your mind soo, soo fast.  Let the dust settle..DON"T GIVE UP!!!!!

+100

-------------
65g Reef

Posted By: grassfairy
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by dca22anderson dca22anderson wrote:

You know I'll donate too to keep you in bro! Matter of fact I will provide tons of corals to keep you in and enjoying this sweet hobby!

+1
Like I said on my text and PM Aaron,and see how many great people have offered to help out. Don't give up!!

Posted By: mermaidcamille
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 5:14pm
A year ago I was done too after a disaster.  A couple people from the club helped me out and I am so glad I didn't leave.  Give the offers a thought.  I have heard your set up is amazing.

-------------
135g...D.E.A.D

Welcome bright and shiny 120!

Posted By: badfinger
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 5:21pm
Well said brad! Aaron I have some stuff I canFrag for you in a month. Don't give up!... you have more passion for this hobby then I have seen in 99.9% of people

Posted By: ThatGuy
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 5:57pm
Im in if I can be of help

Posted By: mOnster
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 6:09pm
Yea don't trow in the towel man , ur set up its one of the nicest I had ever seen , I'm in to donate some frags for that lovely set up too ..

Posted By: willstang
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 7:13pm
Yeah Bro don't give up! I have a few frags for ya.

Posted By: ReefOn
Date Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:22pm
Dude we have all been there, at one point I was in the same spot. Lucky for me I had a huge outpouring of support, from a lot of the same people. Stick it out, it's worth it in the long run. This is a great group of friends and a great form of entertainment.

-------------
http://www.reefon.com/" rel="nofollow">

ReefOn

7563 S Main St (700W)

Midvale, Uta

Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 9:52am
I don't even know what to say.  I think I got death threats from about 15 people if I sell the tank... 

Honestly, I thought I was going to get messages about selling the equipment, not about people telling me to stay in.  After Dion stopped by last night and talking to several of you, I will give it another shot.  

My little ordeal I had before I even got the tank installed and then losing thousands of dollars more in livestock with the rarest thing I've ever heard of, was enough for me to throw in the towel.  I know everyone does the same thing and puts countless hours into their systems every night tweaking and making adjustments.  But after it crashes and someone tells you "Aaron, if you tried to replicate getting this infection 1,000 times the way you got it, you couldn't do it" that was my sign yesterday morning to take a break for awhile.  

The money obviously hurts, but I can't tell you how bad I feel for killing the fish.  It's worse than the money. 

I was in meetings most of the day yesterday and I was ignoring most of you and started going through my texts and emails this morning.  I can't believe how many people reached out.  And for that, I thank you all. 

I was telling Dion last night, that I forgot about Brad's issue and then when I read his post I was thinking "How the hell do I even respond to him?".  The bottom line is, I can't.  Looking at what he went through, I guess this is nothing when you compare the 2.  

Thank you for bombarding my phone with the nice messages.  I have people messaging me from all over the place and  I don't even know who you are and have never met you.  

Thanks again you guys.. 

My phone this morning at 5 am
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/love2skiutah/media/7FB5332A-901F-4530-96DE-3C9B429ECCE6.png.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Mike Savage
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:03am

-------------

Posted By: Hogie
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:06am
Yea!!!

Posted By: dayday24
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:12am
Great news! That is what this community is all about.

Posted By: Mark Peterson
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:14am
+1 to what Brad said.
Dear Aaron,
You know, those of us that have been at this a long, long time have some good advice for you. You are intelligent but if you would [more closely] follow the advice of some of the best reefkeepers here, Brad for instance, you will have a marvelous and beautiful work of living art. It will take patience and a willingness to admit your errors and learn from them. It will take courage. Do you have the courage?

I assume you have heard of what Brad went through recently with all that he lost. If you had visited my place here in Murray, you would have heard me tell of a series of catastrophes, one after another, that began last July and from which my 200+ gal Coral Farm is only just now recovering. I cannot express in words the utter frustration this has been for me and for my precious wife. I spent the last 10 months repeatedly pulling my hair out trying to determine why, why, why, why? (four catastrophes Dead) I have lost $1000's worth of coral sales. It was mostly my own stupidity and yet it has been a very good lesson for me. Of course, some lessons are more costly than others. EmbarrassedWink

Aloha Hug

-------------
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:17am
So glad to here you are trying it again let us know when your ready for those donations.

Posted By: suiso man
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:41am
I am really glad you decided to stay in the hobby. I was amazed at all the work you put into your tank setup. I have been following your progress. I really want to come see your setup in person. I don't know if I have any frags you would want but I would offer what I have. I have some anemones you could have.

Posted By: ReefdUp
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:52am
Yeeeeaaaah !!!!

-------------
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water

Posted By: DMower
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 11:25am
Great news!

-------------
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.

Posted By: Krazie4Acans
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 11:43am
YEEAAAHHH for the power of the people! Confession, I think half of those texts were from me and 20% of the emails are probably from all my PM's

Now who's with me to storm the Whitehouse to get the same kind of "change" to occur?! LOL

Glad to see you stick it out. I'm not sure I have anything that you would want but if I have it it's yours. Just let me know. Krazie

-------------
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63568&title=krazies-nano-paradise" rel="nofollow - Tank Thread:

Posted By: nwreef
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 11:48am
I have been following this thread for a bit. its awesome to see the out pooring of support. i got out of the club and the hobbie a few years ago. the club got to political, to many arguments and other issues. it was no longer fun. i am nkw getting back into the hobbie and after seeing this it makes me want to join the club again. seems like it would be fun again

-------------
Chad A.
20g nano in progres
Member~ A.A.A. ( Aquarium Addicts Anonomous)

Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 11:57am
It can still be kinda political but you just have to ignore the couple people that make it that way and look at all the other great people on this forum

Posted By: Boxerboy
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 12:51pm
WOW! Sorry to hear of the troubles, I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to spend all the time and money to do things right and then have it not work out at all. Losing money sucks but losing the lives of fish is by far the hardest part of this hobby.

High five for sticking it out! Clap

-------------
120G's
Radion/T5 Combo
Vertex 150 Skimmer
Apex Controlled
SPS LPS & Softies

Posted By: nrbelk
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 2:42pm
Wow, I'm glad you stayed in, seems like you have a full support group :).

Can you tell me what you went through?  I've been having issues keeping fish longer than two days, except for the fish already in my tank.  My tank is still faily young (october).   If you want, you can text me at 208 680 1213.

Also, congrats on the goldflake.  That is an angel I think I would like to save up for.  They look amazing!

Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by nrbelk nrbelk wrote:

Wow, I'm glad you stayed in, seems like you have a full support group :).

Can you tell me what you went through?  I've been having issues keeping fish longer than two days, except for the fish already in my tank.  My tank is still faily young (october).   If you want, you can text me at 208 680 1213.

Also, congrats on the goldflake.  That is an angel I think I would like to save up for.  They look amazing!

I froze the fish and sent them to a gal in Orlando who studies infections on animals.  Apparently I had got a rare nematode round worm from the local deli seafood department and fed it to my fish.  It caused an internal bacterial infection and killed all the fish I've had for months.  The infection itself was not super rare, but the nematode that caused it, was.  You can avoid it by freezing your seafood from the deli for 24 hours before you chop it up and give it to your fish. 

Posted By: lskurys
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by love2skiutah love2skiutah wrote:

I froze the fish and sent them to a gal in Orlando who studies infections on animals.  Apparently I had got a rare nematode round worm from the local deli seafood department and fed it to my fish.  It caused an internal bacterial infection and killed all the fish I've had for months.  The infection itself was not super rare, but the nematode that caused it, was.  You can avoid it by freezing your seafood from the deli for 24 hours before you chop it up and give it to your fish. 

Now that is some good info.  Something that I have not been doing and will be doing from from now on.  Shocked

-------------
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's

Posted By: nrbelk
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 3:34pm
Wow, thanks for responding.  Did it affect all fish or just certain fish and how long did it take them to die once you noticed symptoms?

Posted By: Will Spencer
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 6:10pm
Dang!!!  I was just getting ready to make an offer on all your stuff.

J/K, of course. Wink Glad you decided to stick around for more of the fun.

Interesting about the seafood.  It's probably very rare to find something like that here in Utah since probably 98% of all seafood we get here is frozen.  Most of the time even the stuff that is "fresh" at the deli came to the store frozen.  I guess you should stop buying such high quality food for your fish. Confused

Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:37pm
Thumbs Up Awesome Aaron.

-------------

Posted By: Matt
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 10:57pm

please tell me that wasn't sushi grade or maybe i need to be checked for worms!

-------------
Matt Savage

"Tattoos and Street Bikes"

Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

please tell me that wasn't sushi grade or maybe i need to be checked for worms!

Just from your local grocery deli lol 

Posted By: Matt
Date Posted: April 09 2014 at 11:09pm
I guess if I start bleeding at the gills I will let everyone know.

-------------
Matt Savage

"Tattoos and Street Bikes"

Posted By: jessejames
Date Posted: April 10 2014 at 12:28am
School pumps still available?

-------------
building 220 marineland tank(had to return my 265 :-( couldn't fit it in my new house) with 120 g sump with g4x skimmer,47 column, 9 gallon aqua medic nano

wave

Posted By: jessejames
Date Posted: April 10 2014 at 5:17am
Dc pumps I meant stupid auto correct haha

-------------
building 220 marineland tank(had to return my 265 :-( couldn't fit it in my new house) with 120 g sump with g4x skimmer,47 column, 9 gallon aqua medic nano

wave

Date Posted: April 10 2014 at 7:31am
So an autopsy revealed the Nematode and in turn the worm created the bacterial infection?

Something does not quite jive with that evaluation as the reason for every fish to die, but if it's true, I was thinking the same as Will. The seafood that comes to grocery stores around here is frozen for shipment, then thawed before being put on display. I have often asked a store for seafood that is not on display and still in the freezer. This ensures that it has not been thawed out before I take it home to my freezer.
Have you checked to see if the stuff you bought may have actually been shipped without freezing? It would greatly surprise me if it was. It's more likely one of the fish came in with it. Could the fish have picked up the worm in it's natural environment or could it have been fed contaminated food somewhere along it's route before it came to you. It's sickening to lose all the fish in shuch a short period, but I believe you did everything you could to bring them in to a good healthy environment.

Wish you could have been to the last meeting. The Living Planet employee in charge of the Reef Aquarium display threw out the idea that they might eventually use a huge canister of biopellets. Several of us old timers noticed that he seemed to be naive about biopellets. If you had been there, you could have taught him a thing or two. Wink

Aloha Hug

-------------

Posted By: DLindquist
Date Posted: April 10 2014 at 7:42am
I don't think I could possibly ride in the same boat as Mark so I'm right next to him in my own canoe on this one- minus the attendance to the last meeting as I didn't make it myself.

-------------
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Date Posted: April 10 2014 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

So an autopsy revealed the Nematode and in turn the worm created the bacterial infection?

Something does not quite jive with that evaluation as the reason for every fish to die, but if it's true, I was thinking the same as Will. The seafood that comes to grocery stores around here is frozen for shipment, then thawed before being put on display. I have often asked a store for seafood that is not on display and still in the freezer. This ensures that it has not been thawed out before I take it home to my freezer.
Have you checked to see if the stuff you bought may have actually been shipped without freezing? It would greatly surprise me if it was. It's more likely one of the fish came in with it. Could the fish have picked up the worm in it's natural environment or could it have been fed contaminated food somewhere along it's route before it came to you. It's sickening to lose all the fish in shuch a short period, but I believe you did everything you could to bring them in to a good healthy environment.

Wish you could have been to the last meeting. The Living Planet employee in charge of the Reef Aquarium display threw out the idea that they might eventually use a huge canister of biopellets. Several of us old timers noticed that he seemed to be naive about biopellets. If you had been there, you could have taught him a thing or two. Wink

Aloha Hug

That's why she said if I was to do this a 1,000 times and try to replicate it, I couldn't do it.  

She initially thought that one of the fish gave it to another, but since I've had fish in there for months and fish that have been there for 30 days and since the nematodes were the same size, she threw that option out.  

Her next opinion was that I got a bad batch of fish and they all came in with it.  Cross Hatches I know came from Sea Dwelling, the Lyretails came from Live Aquaria (Quality Marine, not Divers Den), Gold Flake from AD (Most likely Sea Dwelling) and the rest came from Doug at Bird World.  I asked Doug about the Sea Dwelling order and hasn't ordered from them for quite awhile.  I did have 2 fish with it that came from Live Rock n Reef, but I don't think he orders from the LA stores, but I also did not ask him.  There could be a chance that all these wholesalers got a bad batch of fish from the same diver, but again, that is unlikely as well, seeing as how it's most likely 4 different wholesalers.  

Her last opinion is what she came to a conclusion with is Food.  I do feed lots of the ROE products in the bottles, but she said that it's very unlikely it could have come from those.  I've been to a couple Smith's, a grocer in Centerville, Harmons in City Creek, Chinese Market in Glen Dale and Whole Foods on 4th South in the last couple months.  She asked me "Have you heard of the perfect storm?".  She thinks that a batch of seafood came in with it and I got it before it was frozen.  She said that even refrigerated temps will kill it off, but that's the only conclusion she came to. 

Since the nematode comes in small and goes into a worm form in about 30 days, she thinks it's linked to me feeding my Cross Hatches.  I was buying scallops, clams, fish, 2 kinds of raw shrimp and squid.  I would blend it into chunks and then put it into a tub in my fridge.  

She said it's highly unlikely that it was spread from fish to fish, because this nematode attacks certain organs first and unless a fish died and rotted in the tank and all the other fish munched on it, she said that it could not have been transferred like that.  Off the top of my head, I don't recall any fish dying.  There could have been some anthia's, but I'm usually pretty good at keeping track of who is missing. My Naso will poop and the Tangs would eat it, but the Naso is the 1 of the last 3 fish I have left that didn't get it.  

I just sent her another batch of fish yesterday and she will get it this morning.  I'll let you know if she thinks of anything different. 

Date Posted: April 10 2014 at 1:30pm
Thanks for the more detailed explanation. Same size of Nematodes means they all hatched around the same time? That's forensically logical. I may not be the only one curious to know, Who is this woman in Orlando and how did you come across her?

As I reread and thought more about this, I am wondering whether she is blaming the fish deaths on the nematode or the infection? If infection, then I am wondering if since this incident was such a fluke (pun intended) then it should not matter how you proceed from here. If some fish are still alive, they evidently avoided getting the worm and survived the infection, then perhaps more fish can be added now with no ill effects? Question

-------------

Posted By: jdinchak
Date Posted: April 10 2014 at 1:47pm

I love this thread, I love the community coming together.  As the topic keeps evolving I am wondering if you are not selling if it would be best to move to General Discussion forum. 

-------------
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank

Posted By: endorphin8
Date Posted: April 10 2014 at 1:55pm
Congratulations Aaron on staying with it!!!

Date Posted: April 10 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by jdinchak jdinchak wrote:

I love this thread, I love the community coming together.  As the topic keeps evolving I am wondering if you are not selling if it would be best to move to General Discussion forum. 

Probably be best to move it f u want. I have some more feedback I will chime in with later tonight.

Posted By: jdinchak
Date Posted: April 10 2014 at 3:01pm
Cool. Yeah let's keep it rolling.

-------------
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank

Posted By: Dion Richins
Date Posted: April 10 2014 at 6:51pm
It was awesome talking to Arron and hearing all the support he was receiving. We are a family and once again its awesome to see us come together!!!!!!

-------------
http://www.customaquariumfurniture.com" rel="nofollow - Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Posted By: Lucky15
Date Posted: April 03 2017 at 2:00pm
Wow that was a huge lost I'm sorry to hear that I just red all of this tread and I'm glad you are going to stay I don't have nothing to offer But I'm just glad to see this club supporting a friend. I haven't met a anybody but I'm sure I will at some point.

I also lost some fish after someone gave me a free fish full of ich I didn't notice until I brought him home acclimated him and put him in my DT I did a lot of reading on ich and I was able to save some of my fish after getting a QT and doing hyposalanity also I added some ick attack, the fish had been in the QT for about 2 weeks now I haven't seen any spots anymore, and my DT it's been fishless since then as well, I red that is supposed to stay like that for at least 72 days for the ich to die off

Anyways i learned the hard way to invest in a QT and always quarantine all of the fish we get

I know this was not your case but I just wanted to share my experience and to be careful with anything we get for free or buy

Posted By: electricreefer
Date Posted: April 03 2017 at 4:01pm
Hey Man,
I don't know you personally but I can't tell you how many times I read through your tank build thread and drooled. That is truly a (dream) setup and one of kind. Glad to see you decided to stay with it! Selfishly because I have been secretly hoping for an opportunity to see your tank in person one day. Anyway, I don't have a ton of really high end stuff but I do feel that I finally have a decent setup with enough coral to share/donate to your cause if you would like. I almost Gave up once too and it is very frustrating. I'm sure most of have been there a time or two some worse than others and some are probably still there. Anyways let me know if I can help. And good look getting rolling again!

Date Posted: April 03 2017 at 4:16pm
Wow. Forgot I even posted this lol.

It took a good year to recover and get it back and going.  Electric, you're welcome to swing by anytime. The tank looks amazing right and it's getting pretty full.  Actually, just ripped out and tossed a bunch of the cheaper SPS and making room for some nicer rarer pieces.  

Posted By: jaywilson709
Date Posted: April 05 2017 at 8:04am
Sorry to hear about your tank, I haven't had a chance to read all the post yet but I recently picket up some Chaetomorpha Algae from you a few weeks ago. should I be concerned?

Date Posted: April 05 2017 at 8:06am
Originally posted by jaywilson709 jaywilson709 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your tank, I haven't had a chance to read all the post yet but I recently picket up some Chaetomorpha Algae from you a few weeks ago. should I be concerned?

I haven't had it in over a year. You should be fine.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net