Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BTA reaching for light?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Deluxe247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deluxe247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BTA reaching for light?
    Posted: March 18 2020 at 7:25pm
I think I know what's going on but wanted to get some additional feedback. I've had a beautiful rainbow BTA for a few months and it's doing really well. However, in the last week or so I've noticed it stretching really tall as if it's reaching for more light (see photo). It seems pretty happy with where its foot is (and so am I). I'm considering increasing my max light output a tiny bit to see what happens. My only concern is a digitata frag nearby that just recovered from bleaching because I was dumb and didn't light acclimate it when I got it. Any thoughts?
90G Mixed Reef
Deluxe247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deluxe247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2020 at 9:12pm
[UPDATE]
So this is what the anemone looks like today. The tentacles got so long and stringy I had to move some of the nearby corals getting irritated. Now there are several tentacles that are "semi" bubbly, and others that look like grotesque tumors. As far as I can tell the anemone is healthy. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's not. Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
90G Mixed Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic