Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do's and Don't's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
D4ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D4ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do's and Don't's
    Posted: October 28 2019 at 2:46pm
I'm upgrading my reef tank I'm going from 130g tank plus sump to 180g plus sump. I'm wondering what stuff you keep and what stuff you don't, common mistakes, and what you will do different if you have the chance?
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 3:00pm
There is a ton of great information on this thread on new startup as well as moving/ugrading tanks. It probably has what you need.

My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
knowen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2019 at 8:39am
Some things that I wish I could do different in getting rid of the vermitid worms. For me that would involve new rock. Other advice I would give would be to keep the rock structure low if you plan on having several SPS colonies. Be careful with you placement of zoas, palys so they cant grow out of the place you want them. If you dont avoid them all together, be extremely careful with GSP, xenia, mushrooms unless that is your thing.  
timshelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timshelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 3:30am
There are a lot of information about this. I am a newbie on this field and I am just preparing to start building my first reef tank. It is not so easy but I'll try. The process of building a reef tank wil be based on DIY ogf one guy owning Reef Work Shops website. 
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2020 at 10:15am
Really cool site with your build.  Thanks for sharing it.
Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic