Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to saltwarer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tw!tch321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tw!tch321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to saltwarer
    Posted: October 02 2019 at 2:45pm
Hey everyone, just wanted to stop by and introduced myself.  My name I'd Kris and I live in Ogden.  I've always been into breeding reptiles and pdf's and have been wanting to get I to some saltwater. I recently picked up a 20 gallon nuvo drop off  aquarium that I'm starting my cycle and hopefully one day have a amazing reef set up.  
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2019 at 4:00pm
Welcome Kris! I'm not sure what kind of hobby pdf's are but welcome to the wet and salty side! Let us know if you have any questions or run into any issues that we might be able to help out with.

FYI, If you haven't heard we have monthly meetings (first Thursday of each month)that are free and cover some great topics. Our next one is tomorrow from 7-9pm in the rose garden building at 1601 E. 2100 S. in sugarhouse.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Tw!tch321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tw!tch321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2019 at 12:44am
pdf's are poison dart frogs.  I look forward to getting my tanks up and going and starting this new beautiful hobby. This is a picture of the set  up im doing on one of the corners of my U shaped desk. The tank on my right is my new nuvo 20 gal drop off tank and the tank on the right is just a little 5.5 gal that i turned into a nano tank. 
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2019 at 6:59am
Ah yes, dart frogs. I'm an IT type so i had Adobe products going through my head. Looks like a great start and I believe I recognise that drop off tank.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
knowen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2019 at 8:05am
Welcome. We are always glad to have new members. I would also recommend that you go to the reef tour next Saturday October 12th too. Keep an eye out for the pdf of the tour guide. It will give you a chance to talk to other reef tank owners. It was a great resource and a chance to see some amazing tanks.  
kevin.st View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2019 at 11:16am
Welcome, Kris!  Lots of people here are also into PDF's.

I also recommend going on the reef tour on the 12th-we have some world class reefs around here.
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2020 at 1:46pm
PDFs = Poison dart frogs. 

i thought you guys were all really into adobe acrobat reader.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic