Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Testing and a couple other questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PaysonReef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaysonReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Testing and a couple other questions
    Posted: July 25 2019 at 12:02pm
Hello all,
I have been cycling my tank and it is about there, just working on an algae bloom.  I will then add a couple fish (not many) and lots of coral over time.  I want my coral to flourish as that is the main point of this tank.  I am looking for a successful way to do this (as I have not been as successful as I would like in the past) and have read so much advice on it that my mind is spinning.  I have a 40 gallon breeder with a 20 gallon sump, a 10 gallon refugium, and a section with the return pump.  So can someone dumb it down for me as much as possible and answer the following:
  1. Exactly what parameters should I be testing for?  I have only been testing for Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrates so far.
  2. What should each parameter be at?
  3. How often should I check the parameters?
  4. How often and how much water should I be changing?
  5. How long should lights be on and is there a recommended schedule/intensity (I have LED lighting that I can adjust all color intensity and timing on)
  6. How many snails and blue legged hermit crabs should I add to a tank this size and when?

Thank you for your help

Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2019 at 1:30pm
You will find a ton of that information in this thread that I think is exactly what you are looking for.

Take a look and then let us know if you have more questions.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic