Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nano Tank Start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PaysonReef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaysonReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nano Tank Start
    Posted: May 29 2019 at 4:26pm
Hello all,

I am working on getting back in the hobby now.  I took a break for about 2 years and miss it.  I decided to start small and go with a Nano tank.  I only want 2 clownfish and some corals (with the cleanup crew of course).  I want this to be a smaller tank and only want about 10 gallons.  Eventually I would like my clownfish to breed and would like to experience raising the fry and learning from that as well but I know this will probably take a very long time so I am not pushing that too hard currently.  I also have not set anything up so I know it will take time to cycle the tank and get it ready to add anything so I have time there before anything is done.  I do have a few questions, though, as I have never done this before.

1.  Are there any tankmates that would allow my goals with this tank to happen in the future and not hunt the eggs or fry or anything?

2.  I am brand new to the Nano world and am looking for help on setting this up.  Does anyone have any advice on a Nano tank and the maintenance, etc?

3.  I have not begun purchasing the setup or done anything with it yet.  I have always been able to keep my costs reasonably low and am wondering if anyone can help me figure out exactly what I need for a Nano aquarium on a budget cost.

Thank you for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic