Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clowns laid eggs!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baghtal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghtal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clowns laid eggs!
    Posted: March 01 2019 at 8:58am
Hi all,

Our clownfish decided to start laying eggs! We've never bred fish before, but it is sounding like a fun new thing to learn about with the hobby. Someone a few years ago had a fantastic thread with pictures and regular updates about their clowns growing. Despite the sad ending there it was great to read through the posts and learn about it.

Anyway onto the topic of this post. I don't think we found the eggs early enough to get a rotifer farm up and running for this batch, so we're getting ready to get a breeding tank/rotifer bucket / etc... going for the next time they lay eggs. Is there anyone here who would be interested in trading corals and things for some black ice clownfish when (if?) they make it to maturity?

I like to think that the moon is there, even when I'm not looking at it.
~Albert Einstein
knowen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2019 at 9:29am
That's great. The nice thing is that they will lay another batch in a few weeks. Good luck. 
Baghtal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghtal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2019 at 5:08pm
That's what we heard. Looking forward to the next batch!
I like to think that the moon is there, even when I'm not looking at it.
~Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic