Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Dentist's Fish Tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
larhalli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larhalli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Dentist's Fish Tank
    Posted: January 04 2019 at 12:39pm
My dentist has a saltwater tank and fish, in his practice.  He has a local fish store supposedly taking care of it.  It is a mess.  It seems to me that it never looks good.  He has a few corals and a few fish but the tank needs to be brightened up, needs some color.  It has problems, and lots of Aiptasia.  I don't know what to tell him to do.  He has spent lots of cash trying to make this look good, lights, sump, new tank, new rock and honestly I think he is ready to get rid of the tank.  I would hate that because I know it has potential.  He has had the tank for years and in all honesty, I only see it when I have an appointment, maybe a couple of times each year.  I think the fish store owner is a client, but doubt if the person taking care of the tank is.  Should I just tell my dentist to find someone else to take care of his tank?  Is there anyone willing to take a look at his tank and offer him a solution?
Larry Halliday

West Jordan
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2019 at 2:04pm
I would have him talk with Upgrade your reef
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2019 at 10:18pm
Larry!!! I didn't know you were still around?

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Larry!!! I didn't know you were still around?

Adam

He came to the meeting last night and listened to you while eating pizza.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
larhalli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larhalli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2019 at 2:14pm
Yes Adam I am still around.  I enjoyed your presentation and wish I were about 50 years younger so I could do the things you talked about.  I am going to try to make it to a few more meetings this year than I have in the past few years.  The club seems smaller, though many of the same members, but lots of newer people or members which is always good. 

Larry Halliday

West Jordan
TyrellG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TyrellG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2019 at 5:33am
Why don't you snap a few photos and post them here, Larry? I'd love to see that tank and hear people say what they think is wrong with it.
larhalli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larhalli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2019 at 3:31pm
I have an appointment on Monday, getting a tooth pulled for an implant.  If I feel up to taking pictures I will snap a couple.  I have a pretty good idea what it needs, besides some serious water testing and a few chemicals.  I don't know what equipment he has under the tank.  But you would think the person taking care of the tank would be checking that stuff.
Larry Halliday

West Jordan
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2019 at 6:11pm
Photos would help us and maybe him talking to the store owner about how to improve the tanks liveliness. IMO
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic