Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Large AC/DC Return Pumps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kmtfishchannel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmtfishchannel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Large AC/DC Return Pumps
    Posted: February 27 2018 at 6:17pm
What brands do you guys recommend for Large AC or DC Return pumps that can push in the 3,200+ GPH and that is internal/submersible? What do you guys use and how long have you had them? Also have you ever done any maintenance on them?  
redleader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redleader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2018 at 10:01am
I have a Jabao DC pump and really like it, it has been running 3 months.
Prior to the I have used rio pumps.

I like the flow control you get with the DC pumps, you get a lot more control and don't have to use back pressure to solve for to much mater, you just turn the pump down.

I only have the return line being fed off of the pump, I'm not running anything else on it.

I'm running my old rio to power my reactors.

Everything in life is possible. You just have to dream big, and act bigger.

150 G Reef
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2018 at 10:14am
Are you looking for that flow at zero head height or at tank height? I think the only DC pump I have seen that will do that amount at height are teh Abyss series of DC pumps. I haven't used them personally but I do know people that have been using them for over a year and really like them.

I use the Jebao DCT series of pumps and have been for about 3 years. I have had to replace one in that time but they are great on power usage and less costly than other brands so having a spare is less of an issue.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic