Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RO/DI System Apartment Install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
keightley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keightley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RO/DI System Apartment Install
    Posted: May 27 2017 at 5:58pm
So, call me crazy, but I am thinking about a saltwater tank.  LOL  If you have read my other posts, I am a freshwater gal.  Anyway... I live in an apartment and don't plan on moving anytime soon.  If I do go saltwater, I am thinking that installing a RO/DI system under my kitchen sink will be a good idea.  I don't have a car so going to a fish store to get RO/DI water is not feasible.  Also, I like the idea of using it for drinking water too. So who do I get to install one?  A plumber, right?  Does anyone know of a person or business that does this on a regular basis? 

Keightley 
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 6:01pm
A plumber can do one and I know the water purifucation delivery companies here do them as well. They might be cheaper than a plumber.
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2017 at 3:31pm
Isn't it interesting that between the two posts there are over 100 views but just one reply! Maybe a lot of people do PM's, I don't know. Anyway,

It's great that you are thinking ahead to getting an RO unit for the aquarium and drinking water. I have done dozens of these setups for my various tanks over the years in multiple apartments and also for many fishy friends and 100's of clients. I have a couple of questions, but maybe it would work better if you call/text me to discuss. My number is 808-345-1045

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic