Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nano Tank Recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nano Tank Recommendations
    Posted: April 05 2017 at 11:58am
Hello everyone! It's been a few years since I took down my 90G. I'm not sure if any of you remember me, but I really enjoyed my time in the hobby (until it all went bad for me).

My wife and I want to get back into the hobby, and we want to go small for now (mainly since we are moving into a new house in around 7 months). I've been checking out the nano tanks online and I'm just not sure what I should be looking for/prioritizing. We don't want to go over 20G, and I think we'd go as small as 10G. So far I've preferred having a built-in sump (all-in-one style), but it looks like most of them don't have them, so I'm not even sure if it's needed. 

Can I get some advice/reviews of what to I should look for? Also, if anyone has a review for their nano I'd appreciate it.

I searched the forum and I couldn't find any recommendations/reviews for nano tanks, so forgive me if I didn't need to start a new thread.
21G Reefer Nano
reefnfeef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefnfeef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2017 at 12:02pm
IM fusion 20 without a doubt
aaaaaaaaaaaaaannd.... I'm broke
Shayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2017 at 12:22pm
I didn't really want to influence the advice, but these are three I've been looking at.

21G Reefer Nano
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2017 at 12:26pm
I have the 20 nuvo fusion and love it. But, depending on what you want in the tank, you'll probably want to upgrade the lighting. I put an AI prime on mine and it's great.
Shayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2017 at 12:41pm
For now we're focusing on LPS and Polyps.
21G Reefer Nano
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2017 at 1:08pm
+1 on the Nuvo. Although, mine is slightly larger than you want, I love the 30G. Its actually my wife's tank; she basically finds cool stuff in our main tank, and takes it. 

That line of tank is very easy to care for, the AIO makes things very easy with little maintenance. 
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
chuckfu5 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2017 at 3:17pm
Fluval EVO Marine,

All in one system. I'm able to keep and maintain everything I want.

Shayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2017 at 4:07pm
After a lot of thought we decided to go with this one since it's more customizable, and it has a sump.

21G Reefer Nano
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2017 at 4:18pm
Can't go wrong with that one!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic