Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMWRF 2016 is in the books!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MWRF 2016 is in the books!
    Posted: September 19 2016 at 8:27am

We just completed our 7th MWRF - wow 7th, hard to believe. 

We would love to hear your feedback of the event, what you liked and what we could do differently next year.  We would love to hear or see what you got at the event too - post those awesome coral's, fish and other items you got! 

Big thanks to everyone who helped put this together, our vendors, our speakers and most importantly you, without you our event goers there is no event.

Thanks

Jon

180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2016 at 1:13pm
I wish more people would come. Lol it's well worth it!
theresawhite View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2016 at 1:57pm
We had a great time, but I do agree that attendance should have been higher.

Lots of pretty frags and corals. We almost had to buy a 2nd tank to hold them :-p
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2016 at 2:24pm
Post those pics!!!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2016 at 5:39pm
I want to mention that Mary Ann did a WONDERFUL job with the raffles. I don't even think she took a break to go to the restroom :-)
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2016 at 7:39pm
I didn't really take many pictures so I will have to rely on others to post theirs up.  Here is what I have.

First up the Friday Night VIP Social.  I think the only pic's I had of this were the food.  

There was ton of food this time, it was a great chance to grab some snacks and talk reef with vendors, speakers and members.  

C&C Candies gave us twenty licorice packs that I carefully hid among the 100 bags.  Did you find one?

This was my first time heading up the member booth, my wife made the signs (she did a great job, if I did them you couldn't have read them).  I learned the secret is candy, we had gold fish and Swedish Fish, the Swedish variety won out big time (3.5 pounds of it gone).  We had fun meeting with everyone and loved having members hang out with us.  

My 170 Cube isn't doing so hot with coral so I swore I wasn't going to buy any, but I got the bug.  For a while I only bought inverts but Aquatic Dreams, $10 frags kind of won me over.  

I got this beauty long tentacle nem from VW Reefs

This was our fav - long tentacle plate coral from VW.  We waited and waited for someone to buy this to end our temptation, no one did.  I think you all missed out D:

I won this lobo from VW Reefs

I got an awesome zoa frag, duncan head, 6 heads of an acan and a nice 3 head acan from AD for $10 each.  I was blown away.  Ryan had amazing stuff.  

I also got two flower nems from VW Reefs.  

I got a sand sifting seastar from Reef Oasis!

I did great in the raffle as well.  I love Dr Tim's.  I guess people weren't putting in as many tickets in those ones.  Excited about the Triton test and who doesn't love Revive, my wife puts in for it every year.  I think that is one we consistently win.

Both our tickets happen to get pulled for the Reef Nutrition Packs.  Helluva win, awesome food.  Super excited about this.  

We had a great show and loved seeing everyone

Also seeing everyone in Kenzy and Eddie's MWRF Shirts were awesome.  Please Please Please post more pictures of the vendor floor, the vendor and speakers if you have them.  

Thanks

Edited by jdinchak - September 19 2016 at 7:42pm
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2016 at 9:53pm
Here are some of the pictures we took at MWRF.

Shawn manning the registration desk.

9:30 when VIPs were allowed in.

Aquatics Dreams' booth

Prettyman Exotic's booth

OCD Reefs' booth

Sea Quest's booth

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2016 at 9:59pm
VW Reefs' booth

Benepets' booth

A Reef Oasis' booth

Reef Kingdom's booth

Zoanthids.com/Ultra Corals booth

Legendary Corals' booth

Rocky Mountain Frags booth

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2016 at 10:00pm
Raffle

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2016 at 10:05pm
Some neat corals that we bought.

Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2016 at 10:40pm
That was a great event. Thanks to Jeremy Wooton for all the hard work and the other people who pitched in. The prize tanks were many and some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Thanks to Dion (Driftwood) and Ryan (Aquatic Dreams) for those.

The lectures were very educational and the speakers were great to chat with on other subjects.

The shops that opened to vend had some very nice stuff and great prices. Thanks to them for supporting us. I hope we can all send our business to those who supported us.

Finally, I saw a lot of new faces and got to meet some great people. Everyone of them had a tank that was a story and hearing it was awsome.

Thanks to everyone who organized it, staffed it and to the people who came to support it and learn in the process.

Fat
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2016 at 9:29am
Your Welcome Kevin. Glad its over ! haha but already working on Next year!! Some really cool things will happen next year! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic