Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Id Help? Updated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scfurse77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scfurse77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Id Help? Updated
    Posted: April 03 2016 at 8:46pm
I have put what i think these may be. Let me know if i am way off.

Pinwheels

Closest thing i can find on these is the Spongebob Zoa

i know its some sort of mushroom :) 

Pink N Golds

Orange Explosion or early stages of My Clementine

Edited by scfurse77 - April 04 2016 at 10:35am
CADLIGHTS 42 Versa, 20 Gallon Sump, ATI Dimmable 8 Bulb T5 w/SbReef Lights Sbar, Bubble Muggus Skimmer and really mad wife :)
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2016 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by scfurse77 scfurse77 wrote:

I know its some sort of mushroom :) 

You are absolutely right. It's an Actinodiscus that's purple with blue spots. The rest are Zoanthids and maybe a Palythoa. Earth people are Homo sapiens, each having different genetic combinations. Extraterrestrials that collect earth people began some time ago to notice that they came in different base colors and shapes with different hair, eyes and personalities. Myself, I'm called a "Rosy Faced Cheeky SOB". Just in case you're wondering, SOB stands for Son Of a Blonde.

Approve Wink

Some folks here care more about popular names than I do so they may chime in, but you can also use the pics at these websites to try to match up the colors to see what name somebody gave them that became their accepted popular name.

http://www.coralpedia.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=15

http://www.zoabrary.com/

Hope this helps.

Aloha,

Mark  Hug

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2016 at 11:23pm
I like to use Zoaid.com to look for what Zoas things might be. The fourth pic down looks like pink and golds, the rest I would need to look a bit more into its been too long since I've payed attention.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
scfurse77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scfurse77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2016 at 9:08am
Awesome thank you guys.
CADLIGHTS 42 Versa, 20 Gallon Sump, ATI Dimmable 8 Bulb T5 w/SbReef Lights Sbar, Bubble Muggus Skimmer and really mad wife :)
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2016 at 1:44pm
The spongebob ones look like dragon eyes to me
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
scfurse77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scfurse77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2016 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by bstuver bstuver wrote:

The spongebob ones look like dragon eyes to me

Thanks Jackie, I think your right. But if you look up Spongebob they are really close. Probably the same thing actually. But i'll take Dragon Eyes that sounds much cooler :)

Edited by scfurse77 - April 04 2016 at 2:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic