Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any structural engineers and contractors out there
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any structural engineers and contractors out there

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
seti007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seti007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any structural engineers and contractors out there
    Posted: March 21 2016 at 1:30pm
I'ts always been a dream of mine to enclose the back porch and turn it into a sun room with a tank in the middle. The porch is about 20'x16' and sits on 4x4 supports on a concrete slabs. Need to know the load bearing capacity and perhaps do this with the help of a contractor and with some sweat equity on my part. Any one in this line of work wiling to help? Call me at eight zero one 664-396zero or PM me. I'd be great if someone  does this for a living but is also a hobbyist so they understand exactly what I'm trying accomplish.
Thanks
Asad
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic--Arthur C. Clarke
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2016 at 3:02pm
I don't know anything about this but am following along.

I believe Pacific East Aquaculture has a number of raceways naturally lit, which looks awesome.
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
VdubReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VdubReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2016 at 4:31pm
Actually ! I may be able to have the engineering department do some calcs for you I've seen something similar done I'm a building inspector for south Jordan and guy out here has built a huge kio pond of about 1000+ gallons so shoot me a text and I can try to help you out 801-688-3225
"He who is one with the sea"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic