Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request for Fish Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 9:09am

Thanks to MSM for their donation of a new Actinic 65W PC tube

Thanks to Marine Aquatics for their donation of snails and a cute little white Collector Urchin.

Kelly bought a Yellow Tang that looks good though it has a very pinched stomach. While I was there, it began to pick at hair algae!  Kelly is being blessed for her caring for the children.

She also bought a Feather Duster Worm, because she had not seen the old one open for 2 weeks. I looked at the old one and immediately recognized it as still alive. Almost on cue the new one and the old one opened up.

The 2 types of Caulerpa, Mermaids Wine Glass and Blade, are doing very, very well.

Zoanthids would be welcome.

Some Mexicana and a frag of Leather would not go unappreciated.

A few smaller Mexican Turbo snails and some hermits (Blue Knuckle Hermits would be nice) could be used to keep eating the remaining tufts of Hair Algae.

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 2:23pm
I have TONS of xinia...Would they want some?  would you want it attached to a small piece of rubble?
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 12:17am
That day you were there with your donations, I added a rock with Xenia from my own tank. It's doing fine and I think it's enough for now. Thanks anyway.
rstruhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rstruhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 8:18pm
I have some frags of a toadstool leather.  One is very small (size of pencil eraser) up to a larger (size of baseball), I also have some frags of some white encrusting xenia if that would help.  If someone could stop by and pick it up that would be great.  Or, I could meet up with somebody, just need to co-ordinate timing. 
Rodney, Sandra, Jeffery, and Laura Struhs
South Jordan, Utah 98th South & 40th West.
(801) 282-2744

75 gallon reef
55 gallon reef
55 gallon FOWLR
20 gallon FOWLR
pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 4:35pm
Where can I drop off the Mexicana and Leather frag? I might also be able to scare up some zooanthid frag. Let me know and I can drop them off tomorrow after work, say about 5:00. If thats okay?
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 7:25pm

If you would like to call Kelly at RISE (see her posts), she might be able to meet you there before she leaves work. And if you could spare a few Hermit crabs and/or snails that would be awesome.

Other wise, I may be out and about in your area tonight or tomorrow night. I'll call you.

pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 7:35pm
I'm in class until late tonight. I'll get in contact with Kelly tomorrow and drop the stuff off. Thanks for your help Mark!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 2:13am

I have a couple of snails I could contribute.  It's not much but if others could pitch in one or two snails or hermit crabs, it could add up.  Could I bring them to the meeting on Friday and have someone take them?  If you could get a list of exactly what was needed, maybe we could all rummage through our old stuff and get it to you at the meeting.  I'm tearing down a tank this weekend and could donate some rock and sand if you need it. 

Could a financial donation help any?  Who would I give it to?

Do you want me to help you with a chart of what's needed?   I'm pretty good with charts, you know.

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 8:42am

Thanks to Amie for her financial contribution.

The Rise tank does not need any LR or LS but it does need Hermit Crabs and snails.

Financial donations are welcome. I would be happy to collect any donations of livestock or money at the meeting next Friday and deliver them to RISE at my weekly visit.

Grateful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 12:27pm

If I knew how to reach all of you that have donated (with addresses), the children would like to draw thank you notes for one of the after-school therapy classes.  I will never be able to tell you all what a difference this aquarium is making in the lives of children with disabilities.  The therapeutic value is priceless!

Everyone here at RISE, Inc. wishes all of you a Happy New Year!  Please never forget us...your help will always be needed!

Kelly Scott
RISE, Inc.
7575 S. 900 E.
Midvale, UT 84047
208-1031 X32
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 2:39pm
How about one poster to hang at our meeting?
Grateful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 3:01pm
Okay, a poster sounds great!  I'll have the kids start working on it and I'll call Shane as soon as it's ready for pick up.  Thanks for the great idea!
Kelly Scott
RISE, Inc.
7575 S. 900 E.
Midvale, UT 84047
208-1031 X32
sshm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sshm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 4:01pm
I have a sinularia (from Mark) which is getting too big for my tank (actually it
would disappear in a big tank, but my tank is tiny so it looks big in it). I will
be happy if it can be added to the RISE tank. Please let me know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic