Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Page Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Page Suggestion
    Posted: December 11 2013 at 3:23pm
Is there anyway that the number of posts that show in the "Latest forum posts" section on the main forum page can be increased from 7 entries to more or maybe scrollable?

I find it much easier to review that list then to jump from forum to forum to find new posts. Sometimes it may be a while between visits and it would be great if I could go back further or even find the last post from the previous visit to know what changed.

Is that possible and not a hard thing to do?

Thanks! KrazieClown
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
aceofspadeskb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aceofspadeskb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2013 at 3:50pm
Just click on "Latest Forum Posts" and you'll see them all.  It's how I roll.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2013 at 3:54pm
I do that sometimes too. Would just be nice not to have to go to another page just to go to another page.

Edited by Krazie4Acans - December 11 2013 at 3:54pm
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2013 at 2:45am
I do it differently than that. I don't know if this might help, but I always click on " Star New Posts " at the top of the main page. It shows all posts since my last visit. That parameter, found on the resulting page right under the heading "New Posts"  is very changeable too, from minutes ago to weeks ago. The unread posts are highlighted so you will always know which ones are new, unread.
Additionally I keep the New Posts window intact. On the yellow arrow at the far right of each thread, I right click and open in a new tab. It sends me to the last post in that thread. When I close the tab, I can again see the original New Posts list.

Hope this helps.
Aloha,
Mark Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2013 at 7:40am
Mark I will look into that option. The main forum page is my landing zone when I go to the site. I know there are lots of ways to get to the information I am asking for already. I'm just looking for a slight tweak to something that is already there (and that I use) that could make it even more useful.

If the answer is "we can't do that", that's ok. If the answer is "we could but there isn't time", that's ok. If the answer is "we can do it but we are choosing not to", while I don't like that answer, that's ok too. I'm just looking to improve what I already think is the shortest route from a to b.

Not to derail my own post but if you have a second can you look at my last post on the following thread and give me your thoughts? http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68118&title=drilling-for-overflow

Thanks
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic