Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should I go Herbie?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ghetto Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghetto Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I go Herbie?
    Posted: June 28 2013 at 1:26pm
After too long of a break from the hobby I'm excited to get going again.  I picked up a Oceanic 45 tech series and am considering modifying the plumbing.

There is no canopy on this tank.  It isn't "rimless" but is a semi-open top.

It currently has a durso and a return that splits into two loc-lines, one coming out each side.  I've taken them out to clean everything up.  I'm wondering if I should put it back how it was, or use the two drilled holes for a Herbie and bring the return up the back of the tank.

You can see in this bad picture that there are two holes in the top.  I figure I could run the return up the back of the tank and split it behind the tank.  I could run PVC (painted black of course) to where the holes are and hook up the loc-line there.  

Any thoughts?

This will go in my living room, so I'd like it to be quiet.  Is it worth the effort to go Herbie or should I be lazy and stick with how it is?
Elite-Aquatics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elite-Aquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2013 at 12:10am
After you go Herbie, you will never go back. I say yes.
Premium aquarium filtration!
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2013 at 8:14am
No doubt herbie. Dead silent and more control
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2013 at 9:09am
Love a Herbie.
February 4: Winter Banquet at the Living Planet Aquarium
Tickets: http://utahreefs.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=36
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic