Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photography Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photography Discussion
    Posted: June 29 2010 at 11:49am
This forum is for the discussion of photography techniques. Ask your questions here, whether they are simple (noob) questions or the most advanced. We have some amazing photographers here in the club and I am sure they are happy to help improve your skills when it comes to taking pictures of your reef.
Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 12:59am
Okay I now know it but how does one post pictures on the forum that may be beneficial for anyone having troubleBig smile
(307)679-7898 Phillip Douglass 75 Gallon Reef Tank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2010 at 1:54am
Most people use an outside source, such as http://www.photobucket.com and upload the pictures there. When you are done uploading you can click on one of the image codes and post them here. Just copy and paste.
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2010 at 8:41am
My flash keeps showing up on pic's. What do I need to do to stop that?
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 1:31am
Is this flash off of the glass? I think you need to practice different angles and distances from the tank to see if you can remove the flash reflection. I am not an expert so that is the best I can give you.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 10:04am
I don't use any photo hosting place on the web. I re-size the pictures, store them on my computer, save them in Flash Drive or CD and upload them here. I would never trust a free place to keep my pictures intact.

There are many graphics software programs for re-sizing photos. I use a free one called Soap2. If you do anything with digital photos, you ought to have a program like this so you can crop & rotate, sharpen & color and re-size any pic, yet keeping the original for re-use.

Re-sizing is important so that the 1 Meg pic you took with your camera can be more easily sent in email and posted here without losing any of the clarity.

This works best for me because I often post pics that I have used many times before for answering the same question. Having it already stored here on the MB allows me to quickly select it to show the next new hobbyist.

I agree about the flash. The easiest thing to learn is to stand at an angle to the aquarium, so the glass does not become a mirror. Second easiest thing to learn is to turn off the flash and let the aquarium lights do the job.
While we are on the subject, a more difficult thing to notice when taking pics, is the glare of other well lighted objects in the room reflecting off the glass into the camera. Here is a good example:

The entire right corner of the tank looks messy because of the reflection of the other tank and the sunny front window. Ouch

Edited by Mark Peterson - July 18 2010 at 10:07am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 10:51am
Started a new thread instead......

Edited by EagleEyez5 - July 18 2010 at 10:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic