Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

125 to 210 Build (Updated w/pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2011 at 10:19pm
Preston, it might not be a good idea to drill the holes in the braces like in your drawing they "might" crack on you later down the road. I think you would be better off to mount them another way, sorry not trying to burst your bubble just dont want to see you do all that work and it crack on youCry You want to get Momentive RTV 108 or 103 (one is clear and one is black) this is very good silicone, its available at Grainger just down the road from you.Smile
Need custom acrylic work? give me a call, www.Elite-Aquatics.net (801)645-6386
CCrabtree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCrabtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2012 at 7:10pm
updates???? Smile
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2012 at 7:29pm
 Im actually going to be siliconing the braces tonight. I might end up starting a new thread for this tank though. Just so theres no confusion as to which tank im working on...

Edited by P.Kapp - July 31 2013 at 2:42pm
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 3:26pm
Thought I would post an overdue update. Ill try to keep these in order, but I have a few pics of the last finishing parts of the 210 and taking down the 125. Then the rest are just pics of the new tank and livestock over the last year or so!

The glass braces I had made and siliconed in myself. (was pretty nervous about that one)

Taking down the 125

The 210 with stand and canopy

Fast forward several months...

EA skimmer & EA sump

More to come....
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 3:45pm
Beautiful tank Preston!

P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 4:06pm

Still going...

Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Mike Savage Mike Savage wrote:

Beautiful tank Preston!

Thanks Mike! I wish my pics were better, but they'll do for now. haha
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 6:06pm

Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2013 at 5:06pm
Hey preston, Nice setup. Still waiting for you to call me and tell me that your ready to frag that torch! ;)
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2013 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Krazie4Acans Krazie4Acans wrote:

Hey preston, Nice setup. Still waiting for you to call me and tell me that your ready to frag that torch! ;)

Thank you! You are first in line on the torch, haha. We might be waiting a while... I think it just barely split into two heads
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2013 at 8:20pm
Perfect timing.  One for you and one for me! Lol really I do need to come see your setup again. 
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic