Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 2010 REEF TOUR LIVE BLOG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 9:08pm
Bob-
Just wanted to say that you did an excellent job with your posts before the tour, and after.  I agree and confirm with your comments above.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Kiltboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiltboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 9:23pm
Excellent write up bob! Even though i am to far to attend i enjoyed reading everyones write ups seeing pictures and reading posts! I had fun and wasnt even there! I think next year im coming up!!
Chance Evans
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 11:36pm
Thanks guys Embarrassed

The Reef Tour was alot of work - but it was alot of fun, too!

And I want to thank everyone who helped make the Reef Tour a success again in 2010:

- Thanks to Will for putting the Guide Book together, and to Jake for uploading it and making it available for everyone

- Thanks to Adam and Shane for their guidance and suggestions and the KSL banner ads 

- Thanks to Julie for her Facebook Reef Tour updates

- Thanks to Will, Adam, Dion and Curtis for graciously volunteering to be Tour Hosts

- Thanks to Shane, Jake and Shawn for representing the rest of the Presidency as Tour visitors

And of course a BIG thanks to everyone who spent their day as a Reef Tour Host!

It took everybody, working together, to pull it off... and we did! ClapClapClap

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Jasob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 12:09am

Good job everyone and thanks for opening up your houses! This year I felt a really strong urge to be a reef tour stop, so I think next year there might be one more in Tooele. Smile Thanks to everyone for letting me come visit, and thanks to everyone I didn't have time to stop by and see!

Jason
Tooele, UT
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 8:27am
Thank you to everyone who opened their homes. It was an awesome tour. I just wish I could have made it to more homes . . . I just ran out of time.

I'm sorry I didn't make it Linda and Jon & Bacot. I really thought I would have enough time!

Mike

DaZoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaZoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 9:15am

All I can say is “AWESOME”. 

I was only able to visit 8 homes, but it was great.  I believe everyone’s tank was special, but I do have to mention a few that stood out.  My first pick would be Nick Tenney (Nick801).  As soon as I walked into his display room, all I could say was “WOW”. I believe he had the most colorful display, then he changed his lighting and I was amazed even more.  Outstanding Tank Nick. You inspired me to do better. Then there was Steve Ekins (CaptMorgan). There were things in his tank that I’ve never seen in anyone else tank.  Steve has helped me with my tank issues, so I might be bias, but I was still very impressed with the variety he had on display. And now for the cute, shy, and very personal touch.  Jon and Babco Dinchak (jdinchak) and their Garden Eel’s.  They had a personality of their own and I enjoyed them and the story that Jon told us about them.  Jon was very excited about his eels and very open with his house and friendship.  You couldn’t help but enjoy his hospitality. I have to mention my friends and neighbor, Glen and Jannett Mansker (photoglen) who brought me back from a Fish Only tank to getting my tank back to a fish and reef tank. They had just started this year and I have to say that for a beginner tank, I was very impressed, and a bit jealous.  As I walked into their family room, they had two Micro tanks, one each on opposite walls. Then their main tank at the end of the room with the addition of their large flat screen TV playing a scene from Finding Nemo.  It was like waling into a small version of an underwater world.  I loved it.  Way to go Glen and Jannett.  Thanks for getting me back into the hobby. 

I Just wish I could have visited everyone. 

Okay I do have one BAD point.  The directions were not very good.  I know you tried very hard to get everything right, but you guys that were listed on the tour really needed to proof read the directions.  The only way I found a few houses, was because I was familiar with the area.  I wish a lot more people could have seen Jon and Babco Dinchak Garden eels, but the direction to their house was way off.  Sorry. That was the only real problem I had with the Tour.

Thanks for opening your homes to us.

Rick and Ellene de Zeeuw (Dazoo)

jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 10:18am
Thanks DaZoo, it was great to meet you.  Glad you are so excited about getting back into the reef side (as well as your fish only). 

We did check the directions but made a mistake.  Only being in SLC for 2 years, I did not realize from 9000 S that Highland drive showed up only as 2000 E (I know it does from the 215 but didn't think to look on 9000).  So my inexperience with the city had me miss that.  I hope there weren't anyone else who got lost. 
ljbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 11:58am
After the tour and some food, I ran off to Marine Aquatics to see what they had and get some salt, snails and a new Zoo rock.  Couldn't resist the sale.  When I got home 4 more neighbors who were out of town came over and visited to see the tank.  The kids had all kinds of questions.  It was fun.  I also enjoyed all the questions and enthusiasm for learning to start up aquariums.  I hope more people come to meetings and join the club.
Linda Spencer
West Jordan
From My little corner of the sea
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 9:10pm
I've set up a proposal to do a "Mini Tour" for the 2010 Reef Tour Hosts only sometime in May.

Please visit this link for details:

Big smile

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 9:12pm
I am going through the photos now and will post some pics from tour day asap. 

BTW mini-tour sounds AWESOME
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic