Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FINALLY....my 30 gal.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FINALLY....my 30 gal.
    Posted: February 24 2010 at 12:37am
This has been a very long time in the planning and making. I'd like to share. Please bear with me on the photos as I'm a computer dummyLOL.
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2010 at 12:43am
I am planning on more live rock but so far my cycle is going well. I'd like to take this time to thank Capnmorgan for the LR and cheato, and Chad for the sand and LBTR. ThanksBig smile.

Edited by xlr8r - February 24 2010 at 12:44am
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2010 at 12:51am
Great start to a 30g long, that tank is looking good! I probably dont know what I am talking about, but maybe see if you can stick one of the power heads in a different area, so your water will circulate instead of the power heads pushing towards each other? Just an idea anyways...

Edit: oh, nevermind I didn't see the picture right, it looks like you have it that way already Tongue

Edited by Ahanix - February 24 2010 at 12:54am
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2010 at 1:02am
Looks good! Grats!
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2010 at 1:14am

Originally posted by Ahanix Ahanix wrote:

Great start to a 30g long, that tank is looking good! I probably dont know what I am talking about, but maybe see if you can stick one of the power heads in a different area, so your water will circulate instead of the power heads pushing towards each other? Just an idea anyways...

Edit: oh, nevermind I didn't see the picture right, it looks like you have it that way already Tongue

Thanks Ahanix, but you are probably right on the powerheads. I've been experimenting with them. But once I get more LR in there I'll probably be changing them againLOL.

Mad Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 1:07am
It might be good to have the powerheads kinda pointing at each other.  I imagine it would create some funky random currents, especially if you put one on a wavemaker.
Todd
14g nano mixed reef project
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 2:36am
Pointing powerheads at each other creates lots of beneficial turbulence, coral loves it
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Mad Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2010 at 12:23am
Is that an early 70-something 4 dr nova in the first pic?
Todd
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2010 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Mad Dawg Mad Dawg wrote:

Is that an early 70-something 4 dr nova in the first pic?

Indeed it is. 1972 Nova (4dr) 350cid w/350 hydromatic. (I have a limited slip diff. carrier waiting to be installed.) All original, original vinyl top, no cracks in dash, no rust, 105,000 mi. on the clock. I'm the second owner.  If you want I'll post some pics in the off topic section.

Edited by xlr8r - February 26 2010 at 12:53am
Mad Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2010 at 1:15am
Nice.  I'm not much of a Nova man myself, but back in the day with my 13 second 70 Camaro I palled around with a guy with a 12 second wheel-standing 73 4dr Nova.  Sure, post some pics.  It looks pretty clean.  Do your run it out at RMR?
Todd
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2010 at 1:20am
No. It's completely stock now. It hasn't seen a road mile in several years due to other expenses and kids and house and jobs and wife and money and... well you get the idea.LOL

Later I'll get some pics and post them in Off Topic.
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2010 at 2:50pm
Just a minor update. Finally added some livestock. Nothing super special but fun for me.
my wife and kids love this guy.

of course every beginner needs the clown. He's awsome.

and then some xenia.
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2010 at 6:46pm
Cool! glad to see it coming along. Thanks for posting pics.

-Kyle

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic