Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reef Tour- real time updates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Kahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2008 at 12:28am
We just got home after starting at 9am at Dion's then stopped at 4pm to go to the game.  What a great day.  I can't tell you all how much I appreciated all of your hospitality.  My two daughters were so spoiled.  It all started out on the wrong foot when Dion's wife read books to my 3 year old daughter while I visited.  When we left his house, she asked me if the next house also had a "wife".  It was no better at Charles house, when his wife had a Tea party with my daughters on the front porch.   Then Camille showed us "Spike" dog tricks. And so it continued.  I think my first "Reef Tour" was around "2000"  I can honestly say this group of tanks were most spectacular. Really they were fabulous.  It was also good entertainment doing cat and mouse with Mike and his son as we kept going to the same houses.  For us, it ended up at the Winterbottom's who happen to live right across the street from us and getting Mike to take a few shots of our tank. Then ending with a great night of football was just the icing on the "Reef Cake"

Thank You All!
Kirk, Shelby & Sophie
Cell 801 860-7333
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2008 at 1:26am
It was great seeing you guys and your tank too!

Mike

DeepFriedOprah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepFriedOprah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2008 at 1:35am
Originally posted by carlso63 carlso63 wrote:

Originally posted by DeepFriedOprah DeepFriedOprah wrote:

Bob,

Did the Idaho crowd not make it to your place? I went to Suzy's after your place and they were there. Seems like a long way to drive and not stop by your place when they were so close Confused.

Nope... but that's OK, I had so many people I really can't complain  Big%20smile

Although it does seem odd to drive the 230 - 240 miles each way from Idaho Falls to Suzy's... but not go an extra 9 - 10 miles to my place Ermm

I guess that can be next years goal?

Wink

I ran into them (Idaho Peeps) at Suzys, and then Linn's and then once again at Adams. They had out their maps and the good ole GPS unit on the dash. It looked like there were having a great time Thumbs%20Up, like the rest of us.
"So, Just right in half? I have a very large one, Like 4" that I would like to frag, as well as a few smaller ones"
Cameron
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2008 at 8:22am
Geez, you guys got lunch?Amie and I ordered a pizza a for lunch, but we were downstairs and didn't hear the doorbell. The pizza driver called me to tell me he couldn't walk in like the note said! We tried to sneak upstairs to eat a piece all day.

Another fun trauma: someone wanted to see the pond, so a whole group of people and I are out there while Amie was downstairs. A kid on his way out locked the back door! I had to call Amie to let us in while I am standing there with 10 people staring at me while I am trying to explain to her why I wanted her to come upstairs. She comes up talking to me on the phone, laughing and pointing at me! Girl, paybacks are triple, I believe!

Then, Deb and Amie went upstairs and literally scared the crap outta my dog! I totally forgot I locked them in the bathroom (thinking it was only going to be for a few minutes)! So, they spent most of the day locked outside or in the bathroom. It is hard to be on patrol in the bathroom! Those two are going to sleep for a week!

Everyone, thank you so much for the sweet words. I truly love this hobby, all the funky biology and tiny lifeforms and interactions of everything in our small glass boxed in piece of the ocean. For me, it's not an obsession, it's a passion!

If fishes were wishes, I wish for more fishes!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2008 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by MrNewbie MrNewbie wrote:

WE got a total of nine including 4 neighbors.  I would rather go visit than sit home all day next year.

Well you were lucky to get that many.

We got a big fat 0.
Worst ever since I started this in 1996 on our first Reef Tour! That's when young Adam Blundell came over to see my 75. He caught the bug and has never found the cure.LOL

But not to worry, it is fun to see the response for MrNewbie and everyone else. The social aspect of the hobby is just not that strong here in Southern Utah, ...yet.Wink
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic