Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Living Planet?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
STYLASTER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STYLASTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Living Planet?
    Posted: December 23 2003 at 5:07pm
Does Anyone here know what the deal with TLP is? Is it still
going to happen cause there hasn`t been a hole lot of talk
lately. I know the building they had on 4th south is a vinyl shop
now. Whats up? Lets get this thing going!!!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2003 at 5:27pm

I'm going to quickly jump in here with a warning and disclaimer.

This club has a few people who are very well informed with regard to The Living Planet.  I'm sure those members are happy to share their knowledge and input.  However I think a PM is best for most questions, and not a public comment.  So, I will give my input in that manner as well.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2003 at 7:07pm

I was thinking about getting involved with them.  I would like to know what is going on too. someone please PM me!! Thanks,

Adam

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2003 at 9:51pm
It is my opinion that since TLP is a public effort, we should be able and willing to speak our mind publicly, just careful not to be too harsh on something that is such a good idea even if we have personal disagreement with their management.

Coincidentally, I had a recent conversation with someone that has done a LOT of volunteer work for TLP, though not so much since summer.

TLP still has the lease on the 400 So. property but removed the sign in response to some kind of beautification/sign reduction movement. It is sub-leased to provide income.

TLP still has all the vans but only the Utah Waters vans are used anymore. That means the Aquavan (reef organisms) and Rain Forest van are idle.

The emphasis seems to have shifted away from the original major facility on 400 So. to the Gateway project. They have plans to occupy a 10,000 square foot storefront there. It is the space furthest north, past the fountain. The big poster of a reefscape that the WMAS helped them acquire is in the window, so you can't miss it.

It takes a lot of insistance to get involved. TLP has never been very easy to work with, work for, or volunteer for, unfortunately. They seem to lose friends as fast as they make them! But this is only my opinion.

The telephone to contact them may still be 355-FISH. Good Luck!

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic