Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got a new camera.... Pictures here now

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
utahtaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahtaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got a new camera.... Pictures here now
    Posted: December 14 2003 at 4:06pm
I thought I would share a picture of my reef just for fun
since only two of you from the club has seen it. Plus I got a new digital camera and I'm messing with it.

Edited by utahtaper
utahtaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahtaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2003 at 4:09pm
Ok that didn't work. The file size is too big. How do you shrink them?
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2003 at 4:11pm
Change the settings on your camera. I think there is a way to shrink it a little in Photoshop, but I don't know off the top of my head.
tfowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2003 at 4:58pm
Quick way to reduce photos in windows. Right click and do Send To->email recipent, it should ask you if you want to reduce the image size for email, say yes. Then when the email window comes up, you can drag the attachments off to somewhere on your drive. Then they should be reduced. If it doesn't work, Microsoft Paint can do it.
Tim
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2003 at 8:07pm
It easy in photo shop. If you dont have photo shop I have a copy for you. Oh I didnt say that
Just open the pic in photo shop then go to image at the top. next select image size then shrink to 200 600 and save it. Your ready to post. What pixels is your cam?
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2003 at 11:27pm
If you are using Windows XP, the image resizer power toy is free and integrates with the OS... You just right click on the picture and choose resize.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.a sp

(6th down on the right side)
utahtaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahtaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 8:28pm
Well I'm going to try it and get back to you.
utahtaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahtaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 8:35pm

Let's try this....
utahtaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahtaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 8:37pm
I went Tim's route. Worked like a charm!
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 8:46pm
Very nice looking tank. Good variety, well lit, clean substrate, nice rock job. I give it an A.
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 8:48pm

very nice indeed.

utahtaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahtaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 8:52pm

It's a modest tank and thank you for the kind words. Means a lot coming from you guys. Here are more for fun

Edited by utahtaper
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 8:54pm
I just got my tank running but I don't have a camera, I wish I could post some pics too. Maybe santa will help me out.
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 9:01pm

Jason - Very nice tank.  You've done a great job.

Marcus - I'd be happy to come by and take some pictures for you. PM me if you're interested.

Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
utahtaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahtaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 9:06pm
Deleted for space.. Bump!

Edited by utahtaper
utahtaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahtaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2003 at 9:10pm
And one of the sump:

Edited by utahtaper
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2003 at 8:29am
Utahtaper, if you edit the post by pressing the enter key after the word "fun" the pic will line up vertically and not cause the whole thread to be so wide.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
utahtaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahtaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2003 at 8:54am
I tried it but I don't see any results.
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2003 at 3:42pm
I think your tank is looking great!!
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic