Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thanks for a good meeting!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mdawson8931 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdawson8931 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 1:10pm
Are you kidding! Its important and interesting stuff. I wish I could have made it to the meeting.
Mike
Layton, Ut.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 1:13pm

Originally posted by Torghn Torghn wrote:

30% algae the rest sea meat?

Yep, also forgot to mention.  Lets say you love to feed your fish, and you feed them like 6 times per day.... then I would make the food contain about 85% lettuce or algae.  If you are trying to breed fish, then I would make the algae around 5% of the food.  So it does vary, but 30-50% makes sense to me.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

I like having large pieces in my fish food because I like keeping my fish food seperate from my coral food. ... Corals prefer smaller foods (in general) but it means you have more of those little pieces blowing around all over the tank.  To me, that is more of a filtration concern than the larger pieces.
Once again I've given you a bunch of useless information.  Isn't it great?
Adam

I agree with Adam, except for the part about it being useless information, and yet I found that lots of fine particle food swirling around the tank a couple times daily caused unusually rapid growth of every invert you can think of. Coral, clam, worm, crab, grammeras, copepod, sponge, etc. Rather than a filtration problem, it became a growth problem, if you want to call it that
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

I like having large pieces in my fish food because I like keeping my fish food seperate from my coral food. ... Corals prefer smaller foods (in general) but it means you have more of those little pieces blowing around all over the tank.  To me, that is more of a filtration concern than the larger pieces.
Once again I've given you a bunch of useless information.  Isn't it great?
Adam

I agree with Adam, except for the part about it being useless information, and yet I found that lots of fine particle food swirling around the tank a couple times daily caused unusually rapid growth of every invert you can think of. Coral, clam, worm, crab, grammeras, copepod, sponge, etc. Rather than a filtration problem, it became a growth problem, if you want to call it that

I had a growth problem onece, far too many bristle worms.
Jared Neilsen
Lehi, Utah
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 8:44pm
Arrow Crabs and Wrasses to the rescue.

Just curious, did the bristleworms stay out all day or come out just at feeding time?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 8:25am
Since I didn't get to attend the meeting, was the same video used as last year for feeding corals?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic