Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

white frogspawn issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: white frogspawn issues
    Posted: January 14 2006 at 10:40pm

I have about a 10 headed frogspawn. I noticed the other day that part of it was under a rock. I moved the rock and it was about three heads that are white. Is that dead? or just lack of light? It's in good light now but will it come back?

Pics apon request.

I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 10:10am
Well, I see that there are more than 20 views and no answers!    So I will answer.  Yes, if the flesh is still there, but clear, it is still alive and should come back. Depending on the lighting, give it up to a month to recolor.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 10:35am

Well Mark we knew we couldn't answer this as well as you.

Rocky Phillips
Hill AFB, Utah

Currently Tankless :(

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 10:46am
 I don't know about that but one thing is clear; I can't keep quiet  and I have an opinion about almost everything.
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 12:28pm
yea mark thats why we are such friends now, we are both outspoken. the flesh is the actual litte round heads on the skeleton right? awww crap BRB with a pic
I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 12:41pm

lousy quality but I'm a little shakey this morning.

Magna
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 1:14pm
If it were dead, it wouldn't be sending out the fleshy parts (The stuff that blows in the current).  When they aren't happy, they completely retract into the skeleton.  I wonder if spot feeding it a little bit would help it get it's color back faster.
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 5:04pm
Couldn't hurt. Squirt them with some Cycop-Eez or some mushed/pulverized juicy BS or Mysis
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 6:45pm
i'm to lazy to spot feed.

Magna
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 3:46am

Are you too lazy to throw some of that stuff in the tank after dark? That's the best time to feed most coral.

Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 7:20pm
after dark they all have there stuff retracted.. how does that help feed corals?

Magna
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 11:00pm

Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

Well, I see that there are more than 20 views and no answers!    So I will answer.  Yes, if the flesh is still there, but clear, it is still alive and should come back. Depending on the lighting, give it up to a month to recolor.

I had mine stayed transparent for almost a year before it decides to come back. What helps is when I started to feed it when I see it starting to come back. Here is a picture of it stressed the heck out.

And here's what it looks like. It's one one on the left.

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 7:59am
Welcome Nizmo. Looks like it came back quite nicely.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic