Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vortech mp40qd or maxspect gyre

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trigger801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortech mp40qd or maxspect gyre
    Posted: June 14 2019 at 7:30am
so im in the process of setting up a 36"L ×18"W ×25"T =65 gallon tank i have 2 vortech mp40qd and i am wondering what would be an optimal flow setup the 2 mp40qd seem like way beyond overkill and 1 would be enough but then what would be better on my tank a gyre or 1 vortech? Rightnow i like the idea of both mp40, 1on each side working together but running then opposite of each other so there is only 1 running at any givin time. The other idea was to put then on the back of the tank where visually they will look the best but i can run them together at a slower speed . With that being said the corals i am looking to keep will play into what current i need as well so im looking at a mixed reef 60% sps and the rest a mix of zoanthids, mushrooms with a few lps scattered around but mostly sps and zoanthids. Any help or ideas on the matter would be appreciated.
knowen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2019 at 9:09am
Vortech pumps will allow you a lot of flexibility. They can be easier to clean. running them at a lower percentage is probably good for the longevity of the pumps. My preference is the vortechs. You could get by with 1 but 2 allows for more variation. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic