Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reef Tour real time...comments?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 3:43pm
We are at 15 and just sent some to tremonton!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
scubadave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scubadave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 3:51pm
         THANKS   hope they make it. Glad to see that alot of you are getting some groups.  How many are coming? Thanks again
My Tank
220 Reef
4-400 watt metal halides
2- 72� V.H.O.
2- 1200 GPH Pumps
My Pride & Joy
Tremonton,Utah
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 3:57pm
25 so far. Alot less than last years 100+...
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 4:34pm
It really has been dead today. I would have liked to have seen a few more. At least I got started on my haloween decorating
I am glad that some of the further homes got some traffic.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 4:37pm
It hasn't been bad, here... things slowed down after Joe-n-Cindy left. I just had neighbors of Shane H.
www.captivereefing.com
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 4:49pm
It's been pretty continuous here, a bit better than last year. Wow it's almost 4:00!
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 4:56pm
We have had some awsome visits from members and non members a like. Its amazeing how many people have tanks and do not know about the club. It looks like we will finish with over 20!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
improdigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote improdigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 4:56pm

Originally posted by ssilcox ssilcox wrote:

25 so far. Alot less than last years 100+...

As I suspected, I've gotten about the same people that Shane has, since we're within a couple blocks. Everyone I've seen was coming from or heading to Shanes.

If it makes anyone feel better, I was having a yard sale on the side of my house today too, and it was fairly well advertised. I've had FAR more people come for the reef tour, than came to the yard sale (by over double).

So it looks like everyone is just staying home because of the crappy weather.

Patrick
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 4:59pm
Dave, It was just one gentelman. Very nice and from your part of the woods.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Kyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 5:13pm
I think i got 9 groups of people alot better than last year
WE NEED MORE REEFERS IN OGDEN
seti007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seti007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 5:19pm
I ve had about 18 parties in so far each with 2-4 people. I'd say its been real good.
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 5:20pm
I had 4 groups and I'm not on the tour
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 5:31pm
Well its after 4 now and we have had 35 so far, the last group were grandparents babysitting their grandkids and thought this would be fun for the kids. Pretty steady all afternoon . Three times better then last year.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 5:37pm
Good job Brad! Your tank is beautiful!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
scubadave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scubadave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 5:49pm
                       THANKS so much for the ones that came over.  I was actually surpried to have the few that came faviasteve just left.  Thanks again and hope to do this again next year. Kym
My Tank
220 Reef
4-400 watt metal halides
2- 72� V.H.O.
2- 1200 GPH Pumps
My Pride & Joy
Tremonton,Utah
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 5:53pm

It's 4:50 and the house just cleared out.  I haven't had any time to look at the board since 10:00.  I had about a a half hour break at 12:30 and used it to eat a sandwich.  I've kept count just out of curiosity.  I had 28 groups for a total of 58 people and tons of kids.  I only counted the kids in the party if they were really interested in the tanks and not just along with mom and dad.  I had about 3 parties where the kids dragged mom and dad in to see the tanks so those kids I counted.

Overall a very good day.

Kyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 5:55pm
I had a great time again this year i would say after the reef tour is when
my tank looks the best. Now if i can just keep all the cluter for another
year i`ll be good. Thank`s everyone that made my way YOUR THE ONES
THAT HELP THIS WORK... Maybe next year i`ll hit the double digits..... and
THANKS EVERYONE THAT WAS INVOLVED IN GETTING THIS READY.....
Your the ones that are responsible for getting everyone involved and
informed. I was really impresed with the "reeftour Packet" Who ever did
that did a really good job imo... THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE IT WAS ALOT
OF FUN
Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 6:03pm
kinda slow all day. I went and seen asads. LOL
I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 6:14pm
Hey, did ya all see Bruce on Fox 13???
www.captivereefing.com
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 6:50pm
Finished with a whopping 15 people total! This is way down from last year when we had about 50.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic