Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 LFS Tour - Event Date: February 15 2019 - February 16 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2019 LFS Tour
    Posted: January 23 2019 at 8:59am
The local fish tour is back and is building on the great results from last year!! There will be lots of details coming out, but save the dates on your calendar now. There are going to be awesome prizes from the club and great deals from the stores.

Dates: February 15th-16th, 2019

Hello Everyone! Thank you for being patient with the details of this awesome event coming up. We have talked to the stores and they are looking forward to the LFS Tour. We will be doing the tour this year like we did last year using the punch passes.

Punch passes will have all of the stores participating in this year's tour on it. There will be a stores name in each square on card-stock. Anyone can purchase a pass for $5. You will then take that around to each store and receive a stamp on that store's square. Stores will also be handing out a free item or giving special discounts to those who have a card.   ONLY 1 CARD PER PERSON. If you have two cards you are going to need a friend to hold one for you. Everyone that has a pass has to be present to have their pass stamped. The back of the pass will have information for the cardholder to fill out to be entered into the drawings. Once you have received a stamp from all of the stores, or as many as you are able to, please put it in the box at the closest store or the last store you visit. If you need assistance, please ask the stores and they would be happy to help.

Passes will be available to purchase online starting immediately, as well as at the February 7th meeting and at all participating stores. Passes purchased online will be available for pickup at the February 7th Meeting.

Buy your puch pass online here:
http://utahreefs.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=38

PRIZES:
For those who are able to visit all of the stores on the pass, you will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing which will will be posted as the date approaches. In the past the prize has included tanks and stands graciously donated by Driftwood and we are working to continue that tradition. We sincerely thank them for their support of the club and for the time and craftsmanship in all of the stands they have donated to WMAS throughout the years.

Those who are unable to visit all of the stores, or did not win in the grand prize drawing, will be entered into a Secondary Prize drawing. Other prizes may be announced between now and the event. Please keep checking back for updates.      

The stores have been finalized! Here is the list of the stores participating in this year's LFS Tour:
Aquatic Dreams OCD Reefs Fish4You Marks Ark Reef On Rustys Reef Aquatic Evelotion Where's Nemo
The Fish Tank

Passes are $5 and will be available the night of the February 7th meeting and are also 
available for purchase online. Pickup for passes purchased online will 
be available at the meeting on February 7th. Pictures of the 
passes coming soon along with more reveals on prizes.

Below are Q and A but if you have additional questions please ask. Chances are someone has the same questions.

Q. Do I have to purchase items from each store?

A. We encourage participants to purchase at as many stores as they can. The stores are a huge help in putting on this event and are a great support to the club and it's members so please give back to them if you can. There may also be a prize for anyone who purchases at each store and brings in the receipts!

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE STORES AND GO STRAIGHT TO THE REGISTER FOR A STAMP. BE POLITE AND WAIT IN LINE TO GET YOUR STAMP. THESE STORES ARE WORKING BUSINESSES AND HAVE CUSTOMERS THAT MAY NOT BE PART OF THE TOUR. PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL IN YOUR PURSUIT OF THE ALMIGHTY STAMP! STORES CAN REFUSE TO STAMP YOUR CARD IF YOU ARE NOT RESPECTFUL WHILE IN THEIR BUSINESS.

Q. Where can I get a pass?

A. Passes will be available for sale online starting immediately and at the February 7th meeting. If you are unable to buy the pass before the event, they will be available for purchase at the stores.

Q. Can I bring my family with me even though I bought one pass?

A. Yes please bring them! They will be able to participate in the store sales and games, but there will only be one stamp and one free item given for the punch pass portion of this event.

Q. Can there be more than one pass per family?

A. Of course. The passes are $5.00 per person. Each person wanting to participate in the drawings must have their own pass with them when getting a stamp. ONLY 1 PASS PER PERSON

Q. What happens when I fill out my whole punch pass or when I have completed all that I plan to visit?

A. You will place it in the collection container at the last store you went to and they will be gathered up and put into either the grand prize drawing or the secondary prize drawing. 

Q. What if I don't win in the grand prize drawings?

A. All of the passes that do not win in the grand prize drawing will be added to the secondary prize drawing of prizes and will have a chance of winning in that drawing. If you won the grand prize, your card will not be placed into the secondary series drawing. 

Q. What if I don't make it to all of the stores?

A. You should still support as many stores as possible in this event but understand that not everyone will make it to every store. Passes that have less than all of the stamps, AND those who did not win in the grand prize drawing will be entered into a secondary series of drawings.

Q. If I don't have a pass, can I be entered into the drawing for this event?

A. Only passes will be entered into the drawings and MUST have the contact information filled out on the back so we can contact you.

Official Map - for 2019 tour

Edited by HumuHumuForever - February 12 2019 at 11:54pm
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2019 at 1:21pm
Are the passes available for purchase at the stores?
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2019 at 1:44pm
Yes. That and many more questions are answered in the first post Q&A section. We encourage everyone to check them out and if your questions are not answered there then lay them on us and we will get them answered.

Looking forward the another great year of this event. Get ready everyone!
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
theresawhite View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2019 at 3:42pm
Congratulations to the following LFS Tour goers who weren’t at the WMAS meeting on Thursday for the raffle drawings.   Reach out to me to claim your winnings J

Joey Lambath - $25 OCD gift card

Casey Barney - $25 OCD gift card

Chance Knapton – Voucher for box of Fritz salt donated by Reef On

Sabra & Steve Ekins - $10 Where’s Nemo gift card

Corey Tadd - $25 Aquatic Dreams gift card

David Torrey - $25 OCD gift card

Rowan Holcomb - $25 Where’s Nemo gift card

Kristy Reinfeldt - $25 Aquatic Dreams gift card

David Enlow - Voucher for box of Fritz salt donated by Reef On

Tony Colvin - $25 OCD gift card

Christine Fesler - $10 Where’s Nemo gift card

Sean Harvey - $25 OCD gift card