Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jester's progress and upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 10:39am
I'm jealous of the leopard wrasse...way cool fish!
Jesterrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 10:43am
It really is.  As mentioned though, the Leopard Wrasse is all about literally picking the right fish.  Half of the shipment that my LFS got in didn't make it Cry   That's why it's best to wait until they do a bulk order and then buy one that is alive and doing well a few weeks later.  

Anyways, I had a request for some updates.  So here they are. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 10:44am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 2:01pm
A Review of the Caribsea Life Rock and weighing the Pros and Cons vs Dry Rock and Live Rock:  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2018 at 9:38am
My Melanurus Wrasse is beginning it's transition from Juvie to Adult, here is it's development thus far:  

For comparison here it was in August 2017: 

Edited by Jesterrace - December 21 2018 at 9:40am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2018 at 9:41am
Here is the older vid of the Melanurus Wrasse:  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2019 at 7:01pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2019 at 2:01pm
4 cheap and indispensable tools in the hobby: 

Edited by Jesterrace - January 26 2019 at 2:01pm
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2019 at 10:47pm
I should use a Turkey baster to clean rocks more often.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2019 at 4:31pm
Yup, one of it's many uses:

My Melanurus Wrasse continues it's transition.  It's dorsal fin spot is disappearing. 

Edited by Jesterrace - February 06 2019 at 4:31pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 1:54pm
Noticed that in addition to my Chaeto growth, my pod population is starting to develop as well.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Dn88j5N0M

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2019 at 11:02am
Trying some algae removal out with a couple of saltwater acclimated mollies:  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2019 at 9:52am
For those at wits end with green hair algae and hair algae in general, I recently tried Flucanozole out.  Here is what my tank looked like a few weeks before I started treatment.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXUpzsgnKiU&t=83s

Here is what it looks like after a single dose and waiting for a month with no water changes and then following it with a 20 gallon water change and waiting for a week

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2019 at 2:55pm
My Zoanthid Freebee from Black Friday.  Started as a single tiny polyp and has grown out and colored up and is sending out new polyps:  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 4:50pm
Update on the Saltwater Molly Experiment:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2019 at 3:00pm
Really want one of these:   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2019 at 3:01pm
My Melanurus Wrasse has finally lost it's dorsal fin spot:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2019 at 4:50pm
90 gallon reef tank overview and update:  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 3:34pm
Review of the Eheim Jager Tank Heater:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2019 at 12:30pm
Review of the Hydor Koralia 3rd Gen Powerheads: 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic