Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 part dosing help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zack801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zack801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 part dosing help
    Posted: October 14 2017 at 4:57pm
I decided to move away from kalk as my ph has gotten a bit higher than i want lately and i can't let it come down while im running kalk. I switched over to 2 part(seachem fusion 1/2) yesterday and after some reading decided 40ml ALK would be a good starting point.... Well i did my alk test this after noon and was pretty surprised to see how much it increased. I went from 8.85dkh to 10.64 Confused thankfully my coral seem to be taking it well. What I've done now is cut that dose in half but im concerned that it may not be enough and i definitely dont want it to continue to climb. The kalk worked fine i would only need to mix 2tsp in a 5g ATO container and it kept my alk in check so maybe my system doesn't have a super high demand yet Any suggestions or tips would be awesome. 
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 1:39am
When getting into dosing with something new, I always add half as much as I think I should, test and dose over a few days and then slowly increase it as needed. 

p.s. seachem fusion is kind of a ripoff as you're paying for mostly water. For half the cost and more than twice the KH content, get seachem reef builder and seachem reef advantage calcium and mix it with RO. 
Zack801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zack801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 7:49am
I have the reef builder as well that's what I used recently. How much reef builder to how much water?
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 2:11pm
You can use an online calculator to give you an estimate of what you need to add. http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

Do less than what it calls for and test to get a baseline. Then increase as needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic