Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pakistani Butterflyfish?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
speyside712 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speyside712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pakistani Butterflyfish?
    Posted: October 02 2017 at 2:58pm
Hey guys,
I am in the process of setting up a new 90 gallon (I have a thread going in the tank threads section). My brother in law is taking down his tank and converting it to freshwater at the same time, so he has offered me his fish.

I wanted to know if any of you have any experience with a Pakistani Butterflyfish, as that is one he is offering me for free.

He referred to it as an Angelfish, but I'm fairly sure its actually a butterflyfish. The tank it will be going into is a 90 gallon. Mixed reef, 70% LPS, 20% SPS, 10% zoas and softies.

I don't plan to have any other butterfly fish, but I'd like to know if it's compatable with my reef and other fish. I have tangs, a flame angel, clowns, wrasses, damsels, anthias, firefish, bennies, gobbies.

Are any of these fish, or my coral going to be a problem with this fish.

As I'm upgrading to a new tank now I can add this fish in any order or at the same time as my others to smooth the transition and lessen aggression.

Here is a picture of the fish.

Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2017 at 4:29pm
Not reef safe!
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2017 at 4:30pm
here is the live aquaria link. 

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=268

Edited by sleepingdeep - October 02 2017 at 4:30pm
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2017 at 4:54pm
Love them!
Put it in your tank, or in my tank.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2017 at 6:17pm
Your LPS will be in danger depending on what type you have or what taste the b/f has.  No fish is completely reef safe, but the odds are higher on this one of being Not safe.  But then again, I would put it in my tank in a heartbeat.  
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
The Fish Tank View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fish Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2017 at 8:09pm
If you decide to sell it, lmk. I want it. The Fish Tank.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic