Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REEF TOUR 2017! Info and Signup Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REEF TOUR 2017! Info and Signup Thread
    Posted: September 18 2017 at 7:45am
Hey everybody! Reef Tour is just around the corner. Feel like your tank is the bomb? Sign up! Feel like your tank is decent with a few novelties? Sign up! Know someone who you think should be on tour? Talk to them and have them sign up! We want lots of sign ups, know why? Because we learn from each other. This hobby is about fun, friends and knowledge. You've got some time to put those final touches on your tank as Reef Tour is on Nov 4th. 

P.S. There will be a drawing for a prize for tour hosts! I wonder what the prize is? Wink 

This is Jon adding on to Faith's thread.

We will have a tour host raffle but we will also do an overall Reef Tour prize drawing for the following:

• Refer a tour host to us (they do not have to be in the club) and if they sign up and participate you will get 5 raffle tickets. When they sign up they need to list your name as the person who referred them.
  • Participate on Reef Tour - posting your tour goings on Forum/Social media will get you a raffle ticket. 

More details to come in the coming weeks.

Edited by jdinchak - September 18 2017 at 9:50am
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
backwards32 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 8:29am
I would like to sign up. I am in kaysville
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
jdinchak View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 8:43am

Keep in mind, no tank too big or too small (I have seen 300+ and 5g tanks that were both awesome to check out).  If you have a species only or themed tank that is really cool too.  If you have any questions let us know. 

We are working to get Reef Tour Ambassadors, people who have hosted before and are willing to help out tour hosts near them.  That way they have the right information, help promote and recruit.  The more people in your area the more visits you will get.  Want to be an Ambassador?  Only requirement is you have hosted before in the past. 

Sign up here and we will be reaching out to you by PM to get your information for Reef Tour. 

FragStock (11/2)

Reef Tour (11/4)
untaimed6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote untaimed6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 9:14am

I am entering to host address is 1416w 3300s West valley UT phone number is 3852823614
phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 12:42pm
Sign me up. 353w 800n slc can be an ambassador
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 12:53pm
I'm in American Fork. If there is demand down here I'd love to give it a shot. 
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2
Lope Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lope Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 1:10pm
Sign me up please! My name is Steve Lopez. 801 550 5157. My address is 5729 w. Emmeline dr. Herriman ut. 84096
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes
Rivers always reach the sea
chuckfu5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 2:12pm
Sign me up. Riverdale. 13.5 gallon Fluval EVO
Echidna09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Echidna09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2017 at 12:16am
I'd love to host. Tank is in Sandy but hope it will be in Draper in November. And hope the move goes well 😅. Referred by Derek (sleepingdeep)
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2017 at 11:37am
Wow! Lots of responses! I love it! Get your friends to sign up too. The more tanks the better. Tell your neighbors, ward, city, whatever. Get some people to your house.

Who wouldn't want a whole day to talk tank without getting in trouble with the significant other?

I'll be visiting tanks this year as I've hosted for the last two years in a row so I'll be seeing some of you for sure!
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
theresawhite View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 8:22am

Wow!  Off to a great start.  Let's not lose momentum.  Who else is interested?  So far, we have 7 houses that have signed up for the 2017 Reef Tour.  Our goal is to get at least 20 houses to be part of the Reef Tour this year.  

You know that person who always posts pictures of their tank on the forum or Facebook and you've always wanted to see it in person, feel free to reach out to that person and ask them to be part of the Reef Tour. (You don't have to be a WMAS member to be part of the tour.)  They can reach out to me on this forum or Theresa White on Facebook.

For those of you who have already signed up. Please start pulling together the following information and send to me in a PM.

Your Name
Your Address
Phone number (so when people get lost...it happens)
Simplified Directions if applicable.
A brief description of your tank and anything else you would like to add to entice people to see your tank.

And, last but not least, a picture of your tank

(Please keep in mind this information WILL be published in the Reef Tour Guide!)

jdinchak View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 8:31am
BenchsTanks is going to host as well, I saw him at Rusty's and he is in!  I am going to PM Brian to sign up here.
FragStock (11/2)

Reef Tour (11/4)
BenchsTanks View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenchsTanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 9:44pm
I will host. The only thing I ask is if other hosts let me see your tank at a later date.

Bryan Bench
11172 S Crescent Vista Ln (320 E)
Sandy UT 84070
Cell 801-598-3437
11400 So Exit. Head East. After State Street it is the first left at the light. Second Right. First Left. 1/4 mile. Look for the nautical flag pole.

Custom built 400 Gal Island Mix Reef. 600 gal total system. (All 4 side visible). Apex Controlled auto feeders dry and liquid. Manuel moving hanging track for 3 ea Kessil AP700 Led lights with storm mode and sound. 2 ea 1-1/2" Sea Swirls with custom nozzles. Closed loop with Oceans Motions Flow Diverter with flow educators. Custom built and epoxy textured and painted 3" pipe drains with same pipe electrical/emergency overflow drain. Custom plumbed in sand cleaning siphoning system with drain. Custom built wood nautical facade panels. Sump is plumbed down one level and 25 feet away. Sump/Storage Room with sink. Plumed in 100 gal RODI water tank and filter system. Custom built sump with help of (Awesome Dude) Dave Anderson. Mixing Station with pump, air, heat, temp probe. Cal Reactor, 2 ea dual stage GFO/Carbon Reactor. Auto Alk,Cal,Mag dosing when needed. Protein skimmer with drain. Refugium with 3 different algae. With removal panels for expanding in sump frag tank. More Marine Pure than you have ever seen with Miracle Mud. Plumed in quarantine tank with drain & Seneye Reef Monitor. Everything has overflow drains and leak detectors 20 in all. Dedicated mini washing machine for filter sock cleaning.

Inline image 2

Inline image 3

Inline image 4

Custom built over the bar 20 Gal hang on wall mixed reef. Apex Controlled auto liquid feeder.

Inline image 1

Custom built 65 million year old fossil fish mural 4'H x 8'L x 800 lbs & fossil fish mural waterfall.

Inline image 5

Inline image 6
400 Gal Island Mix Reef
20 Gal Wall Tank Mix Reef
14 Gal Bio Cube Mix Reef
PADI Dive Master
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenchsTanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 9:51pm
Pictures did not work on first post

400 Gal Island Mix Reef
14 Gal Bio Cube Mix Reef
PADI Dive Master
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2017 at 11:13am
I'm in :)I need to get updated pictures :)

Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2017 at 11:13am
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2017 at 11:48am
Awesome Dion!
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2017 at 1:11pm
Lovin it! I need a couple more from the Bountiful/Farmington/Centrville area! Come on guys I know you're out there!

My goal is to get two of the best tanks in the state on this tour and I'm almost there. A couple more in West Jordan/West valley would really help as well. Get your friends to sign up! The more tanks in your area the better the turnout will be so let's get them signed up!
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenchsTanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2017 at 6:39pm
I have invitations to:

Jeff Owens Sandy
Nick Cook Sandy
Brian Fitzpatrick Layton
Scott Do not know his last name but he is in Bountiful
Dave Anderson Eagle Mountain I think
Cliff Do not know his last name but he is in Provo
They all have awesome tank setups.
400 Gal Island Mix Reef
14 Gal Bio Cube Mix Reef
PADI Dive Master
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2017 at 6:47pm
Any of those guys interested in joining Reef Tour?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic