Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm back!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm back!
    Posted: September 01 2017 at 3:23pm
Just moved back to Utah from Seattle. I missed having a good reefing club as there is not one up in Washington. I don't see much activity and didn't see anything for a 2017 Mountain West Reef Fest. Can anyone give me a quick update on how things are??
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2017 at 4:38pm
We are still doing monthly meetings. In fact join us Thursday as we discuss tank disasters and how to prevent and prepare. Got awesome raffle prizes.

No MWRF this year although we are bringing back Fragstock and very excited about that in November. Welcome back. Hope to see you at an event.
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2017 at 4:34am
Glad to have you back!!
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2017 at 7:52am
What Jon said! Activity during the summer is limited to Lakes, Mountains, Streams and other activities away from computers and reefs. lol
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2017 at 11:07pm
Good to know fragstock is back! I missed this last meeting but I'm looking forward to the next one. We're moving to Layton which will be much easier for me to attend meetings vs living in Logan. So I'm excited. Spent 6 years in Washington and they had no club and 1 decent reef store in the area. It was rough! 

Is there a post somewhere explaining the MWRF? Just out of curiosity
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

knowen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2017 at 11:29am
Luckedout, you were the one that got me into the hobby. I never even saw your tank, you just talked about it and I was captivated. I had a freshwater tank at the time. I gave the fish to someone else and bought a used 30gal with a pair of clowns. Now I have a 180g and a fish room. Welcome back

On that same note. What about the reef tour? I always loved seeing everyone's reef

Edited by knowen87 - September 13 2017 at 11:30am
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2017 at 11:42am
Reef Tour is in Nov. The Saturday after Fragstock.
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2017 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Luckedout Luckedout wrote:

Is there a post somewhere explaining the MWRF? Just out of curiosity

It's mentioned on the MWRF website that there is no show this year. I know it was mentioned in a couple of threads here on the forum but I'm not sure that it was posted as it's own thread.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Nathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2017 at 11:44am
Glad to see you here again. Enjoy!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic