Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

another LFS in St. Gerorge !!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: another LFS in St. Gerorge !!
    Posted: July 21 2017 at 9:40am
Salty Fins - salt water fish and coral store at 799 E. Tabernacle Street, St. George

I don't know how I missed it. My wife and I did a quick U-Turn yesterday when I saw the store while driving by on an errand.  Evidently, it's been around for about 5 years. Smile The owner, Jan, is very personable and the livestock looked healthy. She started in the hobby when Tracy had his store, Aquarium Arts over near Albertsons in Washington. (always loved that name; Aquarium Arts).

Just a suggestion.
Referring hobbyists to the Local Fish Stores list (blue button at the left) had been my common practice until recent years. Unfortunately, with the sad closing of A Reef Oasis  Cry  the list has now become outdated to the point of being obsolete.

Aloha,
Mark  Hug

P.S.
Aquarium Arts still exists! Just found it here. http://www.aquariumarts.net If it's Tracy's store, it confirms what I heard, that Tracy moved to Arizona.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2017 at 11:12pm
Greg Tanner owned a store called Aquarium Arts in Bountiful back in the 90's.  I loved that place.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2017 at 7:54am
Oh yeah, that was a great store, just down the street from Bird World Pet Village. I remember buying an awesome piece of lively LR and noticing a tiny Long Spine Urchin on the rock. I asked how much extra that would be and Greg told me, "Oh no, that comes with the rock." Big smile That Urchin grew larger and beautiful.

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2017 at 5:05pm
Anyone around St. George have any comments about this LFS?
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2017 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

Oh yeah, that was a great store, just down the street from Bird World Pet Village. I remember buying an awesome piece of lively LR and noticing a tiny Long Spine Urchin on the rock. I asked how much extra that would be and Greg told me, "Oh no, that comes with the rock." Big smile That Urchin grew larger and beautiful.

Aloha,
Mark  Hug

You actually bought LR
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic