Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for Help in Setting Up my Aquarium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
keightley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keightley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for Help in Setting Up my Aquarium
    Posted: May 23 2017 at 10:25am
I have just recently purchased a 125 gallon tank.  I need help setting it up.  I am a single woman with not much DIY skill, just a vision of an awesome aquarium that will wow friends and require little maintenance. I am willing to pay for labor. This is a freshwater fancy goldfish aquarium/pond with a filtration system that combines an HOB plant filter (aquaponics planter box), a canister filter (or two), and a UV sterilizer.  Tasks I need help with:

1. Cleaning the tank.  This is a used tank and although it is in good condition, I would still like to clean it out really well and replace the silicone.  In a few places there are some brown gunk within the silicone thus why I want to reseal the tank.  Aside from replacing the silicone, I need to borrow a wet/dry shop vacuum.  I don't think I will need this type of vacuum after this project thus my unwillingness to buy one. I rather borrow one.

2.  I do not have a vehicle and a trip to Lowes or Home Depot is required to get the materials for the stand. I plan a simple stand made of a cement cinder blocks and a plywood tabletop painted white.  This is a low profile stand. 

3.  Setting up the filtration system.  The tank will need to be drilled for bulkhead with the filtration system I have planned.    

If you are interested in helping, text me at 801-875-5233.

Cheers,
Keightley
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 9:33am
I can help. I have done countless beautiful, yet low maintenance tanks with minimal funds. Text sent.
Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic