Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reptile / Fish expo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chuckfu5 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reptile / Fish expo
    Posted: May 06 2017 at 6:50pm
Anybody go to the Reptile / Fish expo at the fairgrounds today?

Just wondering if it's worth spending the $10 to get in?

I know last year the fish part was pretty lacking.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by chuckfu5 chuckfu5 wrote:

Anybody go to the Reptile / Fish expo at the fairgrounds today?

Just wondering if it's worth spending the $10 to get in?

I know last year the fish part was pretty lacking.

My cousin went and she said the fish part sucked that there was maybe 5 vendors there
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
chuckfu5 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 8:06pm
That's disappointing.....i was hoping it would get better not worse.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 8:49pm
The club has a booth. Stop on by.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 1:36am
Reef oasis has some great deals on clowns and those that are there (reef oasis, reef kingdom, finding nemo) have some pretty good corals to choose from. Benepets is also there selling their stuff and Mark's ark is selling equipment and freshwater stuff. Also, if you're at all interested in seeing something like 100 species of geckos, snakes, lizards, frogs, spiders, etc. then it's worth the 10$.
theresawhite View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 5:07pm
Thanks to everyone who stopped by the booth.
Reefer4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefer4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 5:19pm
Their may have been much less this time around with fish and corals but there was no shortage of great people to talk to about either having tanks or wanting tanks. Met a lot of people and certainly hope to see some new faces at the frag fest coming up in June.

Thank you Theresa for heading this up, doing an outstanding job. I would follow your lead any day.
90 gal reef w/refugium
24 gal softie tank
11 gal nano anemone tank
5 gal fresh water
Mombo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mombo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 7:17pm
Great meeting yall there today it was fun talking with yall.  Hopefully we will be able to come to some of the upcoming meetings.  Excited to get my tank cycled!
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 10:10pm
The only way it will get better is if people participate.
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2017 at 2:00am
The problem is is that if there aren't more vendors you aren't going to get fish people there, sorry but I am not a reptile person at all so I'm not going to travel up to the fairgrounds and pay $10 just to talk to people I can do that at any of the stores I frequent.
My cousin said the reptile part was really good but she's into reptiles.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2017 at 7:11am
The club will be doing a Fragstock later in the year, I believe in November, that will be mostly fish/coral vendors. That might be more what you are looking for.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2017 at 8:52am
Guy is working hard to build up the Aquatics side.  Even the Reptile show took a while to build up and now it's HUGE.  Given the success the Reptile show had I think there is potential there.  

We will be doing FragStock on November 2nd, this will have a lot of great vendors selling fish and coral.  It will be free to attend and we will have some cool raffle items.  We will be getting information out this Summer.  

I was out of town and didn't attend the reptile show, it's always one of my favorite events.  Would love to hear back from those who did attend.  How was the show, did you get anything cool?
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
keightley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keightley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2017 at 3:40pm
I went.  I was disappointed.  I wish I would have checked here before going as  I completely missed the UtahReef booth.  Otherwise I would have stop by introduced myself.  The reptile side was interesting.  I worked on overcoming of my fear of snakes and other creepy crawlies.  LOL  Smile

As someone who has put together expos and conferences, one has to have the vendors to attract the crowds.  And yes, it does take time to build these event up especially when you just can't throw a bunch of money at it when it is a grassroots type effort.    

Keightley
Mombo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mombo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 8:41am
My wife and I always go to both of them.  Excited to watch the fish side grow over the next while.  We've picked up multiple reptiles over the years haha.
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 9:15am
Unfortunately Guy announced on Monday that the Aquatics side will no longer be there. It will be a reptile and amphibian only show now.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
keightley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keightley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 9:18am
Well that is a bummer. 

Keightley
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic