Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New (used) 92g cube!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New (used) 92g cube!
    Posted: April 04 2017 at 1:39am
A friend of mine needed to get out of the hobby and needed a place to get rid of a tank... he didn't want to go through the hassle of selling it to a person nor did he want me to sell it for him, so I picked it up for a good deal.

Got it home and mostly set up this sunday but I've been slowly making water from my RO for it since. Dang thing takes forever when you cant constantly be mixing it. But it's close!

I'll be moving my 20g inhabitants over into this new tank as well as the light as it didn't come with one. Reason? Four tanks is too much so I'm consolidating.

It's a 30x30x24 acrylic cube with an all black canopy and stand. It has something like a 30 or 40 gallon multi chambered sump and a reef octopus 3.5 skimmer. It runs a 24 watt inline UV sterilizer and a mag 9.5 for the return. Right now it only has two koralia power heads at some number of gph. Probably will add some more rock as it only has maybe 50 pounds worth. I'll have to get a new heater for it as all I have for it is a severely underpowered 100 watt heater.

Since my house has only a 32 inch wide door way and the stand was 32.1 inches, I had to take a power hand planer to the back side and trim off 0.2 inches to get it through the door. After some cleanup, I threw it in the corner (slid it), leveled it and set up the equipment. Didn't take very long, maybe about 12 hours with a few multi-hour breaks to take it down, move it, and then set it up. Just used a cooler for the live stock and most of the rock and then a bucket for the equipment. Probably the second easiest move next to the 20 gallon.

Pictures when I'm finished filling it and throwing the light over it!

Edited by phys - April 04 2017 at 1:40am
VdubReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VdubReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2017 at 11:00am
Cool !! Those cubes are pretty cool, sounds like your friend hooked you up !!!
"He who is one with the sea"
knowen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2017 at 11:17am
That is a good move. I think that you will love having a 92g tank. I had a 90 gallon corner tank and it was one of my favorites (except for trying to light it, weird footprint).  4 tanks is too much. I would take 1 big tank over 4 littler tanks any day. 
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2017 at 1:27am
Pictures! Finished the set up and the move. Have a little hair algae from the 20g but nothing terrible. Was able to use all my old equipment including the LED I made for the 20g nearly 5 years ago. Still running strong! The corals are loving the 100% new water too! lol

Scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2017 at 8:07am
Very cool tank :)
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2017 at 12:11pm
Way cool
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2017 at 7:52pm
Very nice, Paul Clap

I really enjoyed my Cube when I had it
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2017 at 2:32am
Thanks! I like it so far.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic