Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ordering online?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jaybird709 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybird709 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ordering online?
    Posted: March 08 2017 at 7:41pm
has anyone had any experiences with purchasing fish from online sources either good or bad? 
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2017 at 7:58pm
I do, both good and bad. I can elaborate and specify if need be
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2017 at 5:02am
I've had really good experiences with Liveaquaria, Blue Zoo Aquatics, Pacific Island Aquatics and Saltwaterfish.com

However, I try to buy everything locally now, unless it's something special that is difficult to find.  Look how many shops have closed down in the last 12 months, we should support the local guys ;) 

phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2017 at 9:01pm
I've never bought fish online but my coral experience hasn't been good. It's much easier buying them at stores for me.
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2017 at 8:08am
I had good a experience wish shrimp, fish and emerald crabs, but I would not recommend ordering any snails/hermits from liveaquaria. Their customer service was good and I received a refund for most of the snails, but they put hermits in with snails and a majority of my snails were dead with severely cloudy water from the hermits attacking the snails. Overall, I like the experience of a local store and have only placed one order online.
60g LPS Cube
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2017 at 8:57am
for coral i usually try to buy local, but aquasd on R2R has awesome sales, check out saltwaterfish.com, and uniquecorals (their fish though limited in choice, always arrive healthy)
paul.brandon83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul.brandon83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2017 at 9:27am
www.kpaquatics.com for me. They are Florida divers. Never had an issue with their livestock and their prices are great.
150 Gallon Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic