Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LFS with good bottled bacteria?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ttabbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttabbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LFS with good bottled bacteria?
    Posted: February 16 2017 at 8:54pm
I used to go to The Aquarium for Dr Tim's, but they are closed. Do any of our Reef LFS stock anything you recommend for cycling? I'm starting an upgrade to 90 and will move over rocks and a canister with bio media I started going on the current tank in preparation. I'd like to give it a boost and would like to support our LFS if possible. Midvale to Orem range would be best.
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2017 at 8:57pm
I'm not an LFS but might have some left over. I'll see tomorrow if it's good and I'll give it to you. I've been cycling using my main tank's rock/water so I don't use bottles anymore. I'm in AF.
ttabbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttabbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2017 at 9:57pm
Thanks Marcoss!
ttabbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttabbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2017 at 4:49pm
Well then... Did a full test and I have high nitrite and nitrate. Looks like the cycle is in full swing. Guess I'm good. :)

Faster than expected, but nothing wrong with that. Now to let the die off from the used rocks finish up. I pressure washed them, but I probably should have soaked in RO or salt water.
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2017 at 1:15pm
Sorry! I am just seeing this. Glad you got it all taken care of!

RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic