Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walt Disney Acropora

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nicole Prettyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole Prettyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walt Disney Acropora
    Posted: February 10 2017 at 2:33pm
I am on the hunt for the Walt Disney Acropora.  If you have a frag of it for sale, please msg me.  Thanks 
Zack801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zack801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 2:47pm
Had a piece a while back that just recently sold. Not sure if the seller had anymore might be worth an ask

Edited by Zack801 - February 10 2017 at 2:47pm
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 8:08pm
I'd also like to find one, that's not an arm and a leg however
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 10:04pm
There was a guy here selling one for relatively cheap- I say that because some people seem to get sticker shock when they see the price. I think it was under $300. His name is golf something. Try searching for his name.
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 10:06pm
$300! Whoa! I guess I'll wait a few years once the price falls coughreddragoncough
kevski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 11:19pm
Unfortunately it doesn't grow anywhere near as crazy fast as Red Dragon.  It'll never get to that level.
100 G Mixed Reef / AI Hydra 52 HD-T5 Hybrid
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 2:08am
Golfnut is his name, I think he is sold out. Message him and I'm sure he will let you know when he frags more.
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 7:44am
Originally posted by evan127 evan127 wrote:

$300! Whoa! I guess I'll wait a few years once the price falls coughreddragoncough

I'm curious to know what price you thought they were at. I've seen some auctions end around the $200 range but the frags are so tiny. If the growth rate was faster they'd be way cheaper. Some zoas are a ton because they are super slow growers versus actually looking odd. I myself am not into crazy sps. However, mushrooms are my addiction so I fall into the trap. Haha.
Seth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 9:34am
Fraghouse corals auctions them off and they normally don't go over 150 except for this round
75gal sps dominated reef.
Bigger and better coming soon
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 11:15am
I brought up the red dragon because it was crazy popular and rare in the mid 2000s when it was first introduced to the United States from Bali. It has nothing to do with growth rates in my opinion; just demand. I can get a red dragon frag that's 2-3" from a local seller for $30 today. About 10 years ago it would have been close to $300 as well. As time goes on, it will be more available and less popular thus driving the price way down. I can wait for these rainbow acros when they aren't the thing to have this moment :P
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 11:25am
Over time they will get cheaper. That is not debated. Right now, they are in demand, and growth is slow, hence, the demand is higher than the supply. That equals a high price. Eventually, people will get massive colonies and the price will drop. 
kevski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 2:55pm
I sell 2 to 3 inch red dragon frag's for $10 apiece . Lol
100 G Mixed Reef / AI Hydra 52 HD-T5 Hybrid
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 4:04pm
Devin Berry has it and the price is reasonable. Check with him. I don't remember his name on the forum but he's on facebook quite often.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 5:42pm
I remember when Duncans were a bargain at $100 a head. Now they are dirt cheap. New corals are always in low supply and patience is a virtue in this hobby both for your tanks inhabitants and your wallet
60g LPS Cube
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 8:08pm
Devin Berry had 2 small frags at $175 each
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic