Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The joy of NPS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The joy of NPS
    Posted: February 08 2017 at 8:01am

I had way too much excitement for a grown man this morning when I came down stairs and saw that both my dendro heads were full extended and looking like, well a dendro. Been working on them for 2 months now to get it where they will come out for more food. 

Target feeding fish food and coral food has helped a lot. 

Who else has NPS?  I gave up on Suncoral years ago.  Those are tough for me.

180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2017 at 8:39am
The only NPS are the sun corals I get in here and there, although, I sell them eventually. While I have them though, I feed them daily and get them to come out throughout the day. I actually keep mine in the sump. There is a lower amount of flow in there, so I can just broadcast feed in a tiny area and it stays in there long enough for the coral to eat. Eventually, it makes it up to the display. If I had intended to keep them I wouldn't keep them in the sump of course. That is just a quick way for me to feed them a ton, without having to put too much effort into it. 
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic