Facebook
Twitter

Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - April Meeting - Marine and Freshwater Macro Algae
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

April Meeting - Marine and Freshwater Macro Algae - Event Date: April 06 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: April Meeting - Marine and Freshwater Macro Algae
    Posted: February 06 2017 at 12:31pm
"Marine and Freshwater Macro Algae" Scott Fellman

Brought to you by: WMAS and Driftwood Aquarium Furniture

4/6 at 7pm
Rose Garden Building 
Sugar House Park
1601 East 2100 South
Salt Lake City, UT

Join us Thursday April 6th at the Rose Garden Building in Sugar House Park as guest speaker Scott Fellman, Sponsored by Dirftwood Aquarium Furniture, will be discussing Marine and Freshwater Macro algae. How they benefit our systems and what they require to thrive in our systems.  Scott has visited the club before for both club meetings and Mountain West Reef Fest, he is highly requested and a great speaker. While his latest employment opportunity has taken him into the freshwater world, His background has been in Marine systems and animal and plant life. He has a world of knowledge and is ready to talk Algae!

What is Algae? What are it's benefits in our aquarium systems? What do they need in order to thrive in our aquariums? What are the specifics for the most common species. Scott will delve into the species, the nutrients they need, the importance of having in our systems and the benefit they have in reducing built up nitrogen cycle elements from our tanks.

As always we will have, food, raffle items and more at the event.
 *****We will also be drawing the prizes from the 2017 LFS Tour! *****

As well as the Frag grow-out contest.
You won't want to miss this meeting!

Edited by Krazie4Acans - March 21 2017 at 9:40am
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2017 at 9:40pm
Love it!

Adam
Next Meeting: Garage Sale
phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2017 at 10:16pm
Sweeeeeeeet
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2017 at 9:39am
I really look forward to this, I know very little about the different types of macro.  
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
Nicole Prettyman View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole Prettyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2017 at 2:04pm
oh man LOVE algae! Woohoo!  
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 7:52pm
Scott Fellman and Algae, I can't wait for this discussion!  Will be a great event.
Reef Tour (11/4)

Holiday Potluck (12/7)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2017 at 9:37am
We are officially just over 2 weeks out for this meeting! Scott will be here and may be bringing some goodies for our raffle! So make sure you clear your calendar. This meeting will be packed. LFS tour drawings, Frag Growout prizes, Scott Fellman, Raffle drawing, Scott Fellman, did I mention Scott Fellman?

See everyone soon!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
A Reef Oasis View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Reef Oasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 9:15pm
I'll be there! Scott always has a great presentation.
"oh crap where am I going to put that!" bstuver
sabeypets View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 9:19pm
Ya, wrong account^^^^. Anyway Scott is Awesome you dont want to miss this one! 

Edited by sabeypets - March 24 2017 at 9:19pm
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 1:18pm
We are entering the final countdown for our April meeting and It's going to be awesome. Scott is excited to be coming and he has some pretty cool species that will be talked about.

Don't forget that our prize drawings for the LFS tour will be going on at this meeting as well.

It's going to be a great meeting and we hope you are excited about it as well!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2017 at 7:52am
I don't think we could pack much more into this meeting! Guest speaker, LFS Tour Raffle, Door prize Raffle, Frag Growout contest winners, Food, Next Months Raffle prize tank there for viewing and Reef Legends will be there as our coral vendor.

I hope my head doesn't explode trying to take it all in!

If you went on the LFS Tour you will want to be there!

If you like door prizes you will want to be there!

If you ever wanted to know anything about  Macro Algae, you will want to be there!

If you completed the Frag Grow out contest you will want to be there!

In short, you will just want to be there!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2017 at 1:25am
Would anybody be willing to give me a ride to the meeting? Maybe if someone from up north or near north side of downtown can swing by on the way there? I smashed my car into a moose and don't have one right now lol.
Hogie View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2017 at 8:47am
Into a moose?! Did you at least get to keep the moose? They're good eating.
phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2017 at 1:20pm
Well, over a moose... it was "small" but no keeping it.
Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2017 at 5:57pm
Maybe I can actually come for once...
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2017 at 12:30pm
Tomorrow is the day! I hope everyone is ready for an awesome meeting!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2017 at 7:23am
It's all happening tonight! You will not want to miss this meeting. I can't say it enough! Even if Scott Fellman being here isn't enough to get you there, or the chances of winning one of the LFS tour prizes, Let's just add a few more incentives to get you there.

In the paid ticket raffle there will be a ton of items! Unique Corals gift certificate, Reef Legends gift certificates (yes more then one!), Aquatic Dreams Gift Cards, and maybe even more!

Get yourself there to this meeting tonight! The meeting will start PROMPTLY at 7PM Rose Garden building in Salt Lake (North East corner of Sugarhouse Park).
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic