Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

60g Cube

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 60g Cube
    Posted: January 15 2017 at 10:23am
Just got this setup and going yesterday. Water is clear and will update as I go.

Edited by shaggydoo - January 15 2017 at 10:28am
60g LPS Cube
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2017 at 11:14am
Looks great! What are you planning on stocking?
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2017 at 11:19am
Planning mostly lps. Not sure about fish yet.
60g LPS Cube
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2017 at 6:10pm
Any particular LPS in mind? What are you doing for flow?
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2017 at 6:47pm
I like all lps. Probably going to start with some brain corals, blastos and acans. I have a koralia in the back corner and a return pump that came with the cad tank. Here is my tank from all 3 sides. I've always loved the dimensions on this cube. It's like having 3 tank fronts

60g LPS Cube
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2017 at 1:03am
Sweeeeeet. Keep us updated!
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2017 at 5:13pm
Got some life in the tank this weekend.

Edited by shaggydoo - January 22 2017 at 5:14pm
60g LPS Cube
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2017 at 5:17pm
good start!
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2017 at 5:19pm
Gorgeous euphyllia!
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2017 at 12:35pm
Favorite coral

Clown

Torch

60g LPS Cube
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2017 at 12:39pm
I hate how blue everything looks with my camera phone. I'm running lights a bit blue but not like how it ends up in the pics. I miss my fancy camera :(
60g LPS Cube
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2017 at 12:10pm
Well had my first hiccup this last week. First, I had cannibal peppermints go hog wild on a new fungia. I've had dozens of peppermints in the past with no issue, so I don't know what triggered them to attack a healthy coral. However, they are now banished to the sump and the fungia is sad looking but making a recovery. I wish I would have banished them faster as I left them in an extra couple days as I couldn't believe they were really causing the damage each night. But after catching them red handed in the day time, and then seeing the immediate recovery once they were banished, I'm 100% sure it was them.

Second, my frogspawn fell off the rock and landed face down in the sand one night. I thought it was okay but after a couple days it stopped expanding on two of the four main heads, and they have quickly been devoured by brown goop (BDJ most likely). I'm siphoning off the gunk leading to increased water changes and so far it looks like two of the heads will make it. Fingers crossed.
60g LPS Cube
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2017 at 2:03pm
Things look good! Sorry to hear about the corals though. The euphyllia will sprout new heads in no time!

Edit: If you don't have a DSLR you can buy little orange filters for your phone off Amazon or eBay to help tone the blue down and bring out better, truer colors from the corals. I'm thinking about buying some myself.

Edited by evan127 - February 04 2017 at 2:04pm
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2017 at 2:23pm
I'll look into those filters. I'm definitely not getting the pics I want. Thanks for the tip.
60g LPS Cube
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2017 at 5:36pm
I've never used one before, but they seem to work!
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2017 at 2:37pm
Here is the poor frog and plate. Then new plate and fish. I'm really digging rustys reefs.

Still waiting on filter for phone camera. Ordered one off amazon
60g LPS Cube
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2017 at 2:38pm
Whoops all sideways. I forgot to take the pictures horizontally
60g LPS Cube
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2017 at 10:44pm
lookin good! I like that second fungia
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 5:12pm
Updates. I can't seem to control myself now that I'm back in the hobby. Hope you enjoy!

Now I just want blastos, acans, a black sun coral, and a yellow one. I'm running out of space but have tons of room under my rockwork for sun corals.
60g LPS Cube
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2017 at 5:12pm
Figured I should update. I'm still irritated by my camera (filters have not gone well), and I miss my old camera. My pics of my last tank were sooooo much better. However, tank is doing amazing. I'm sticking with 100% LPS. My latest purchase is a Copperband Butterfly, and I know these are finicky eaters. Any tips would be appreciated. Also my frogspawn continues to decline while everything else is doing great, go figure? Enjoy!

View from my desk every day of the work week 

Butterfly

Suncoral

Front shot

Top side

Candy cane that the male lives in at times. The rest of the time he shacks up with the female in my open brain. Maybe this is his dog house.

Edited by shaggydoo - April 22 2017 at 5:14pm
60g LPS Cube
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic