Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jackies Nuvo 16g

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jackies Nuvo 16g
    Posted: January 08 2017 at 12:19am
I just realized I never posted this tank once I moved everything over that I wanted to keep after selling my 42g versa.

Tank: 16g nuvo innovative marine
Light: Nanobox Duo V2
Upgraded pump
Spinstreams
Jebao doser
ATO

Pair of spoticinctus clowns

So heres an update that I posted on nano-reef:

Wow it's been a bit since I have been on here. It's been a rough month here we found out my Dad has lung cancer, then my grandpa (my dads dad) passed away about a week later and this week my husbands dad had a quadruple heart bypass! Needless to say we are ready for a break that won't be coming anytime soon with my dads lung cancer. On a good note though we have husky puppies due this coming week that we are so excited about!
As for the tank it's been doing fairly well with me neglecting it for the most part, I did loose my clam as it was never happy after the tank move. Other than that everything is looking good other than my zoas have lost a lot of color. My once mostly green with only slight brown grandis palys are now all brown, my sunny d's that were gorgeous before are ticked off and not ever happy, my eye of saurons that had awesome color and pattern before are now just a reddish color:( Not sure if it's not enough light, too many nutrients or what but I have a water change ready to do tomorrow and maybe if I actually do those they will start looking better.
I also still have my rainbow anemone that seems to be hiding in these pics it tucks itself down behind the blue sponge until midday.

Anyway here are a few pics:

eye of saurons that lost color along with some rastas and a few others

magna palys, ribbon gorgonian, string of pearls, sonic flares zoas

ticked off and now odd colored sunny d's, teal hammer and some mushrooms

now all brown grandis palys

happy plate

love this welso/trachy, along with my jawbreaker mushroom and a few others

blue plating sponge is growing like crazy, I love this things color

Edited by bstuver - January 08 2017 at 12:22am
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2017 at 9:00am
Looks great Jackie! So colorful!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2017 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by evan127 evan127 wrote:

Looks great Jackie! So colorful!

Thanks so much!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 10:04am
Tank looks great, as usual. Why did you decide to switch tanks? Just the itch for a switch?
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 11:14am
Where are you keeping parameters? Everything is looking great! What's your photoperiod?

Also, I will be needing puppy pictures so I can vicariously live through you :)
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by 80cent 80cent wrote:

Tank looks great, as usual. Why did you decide to switch tanks? Just the itch for a switch?

Yeah I was to the point that I was just going to get all the way out but there were a few corals that I really didn't want to see go so I decided I'd try something smaller:)
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 4:09pm

Where are you keeping parameters? Everything is looking great! What's your photoperiod?

Also, I will be needing puppy pictures so I can vicariously live through you :)

Seems I have my Doser things are staying pretty stable. My cal was a bit lower than I like when I checked the other day so I upped it. My alk sits about 8.4, mag 1300, and cal was about 370 and I shoot for about 420 so I upped it a bit. I'll take some pics of what I have my lights running at. And yes I will for sure post puppy pics when they arrive hopefully by this weekend!
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2017 at 7:14pm
If you don't follow me on Instagram or Facebook then here's a dose of cuteness! Our husky pups arrived early this morning!

Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2017 at 12:10am
Puppy pic for attention:

These "little" munchkins are three weeks old today! I can't believe how fast they grow!

A couple tank pics from yesterday: As many of you know I sold off all my more expensive stuff so the tank looks a bit bare right now:)
FTS February 3, 2017

Top down:

Added a cleaner shrimp yesterday who really likes to try and grab anyones face that looks over the top of the tank lol, scared the crap out of my daughter tonight:)

Love this plating sponge:

Spoticinctus clown pair:

Bubbletip anemones:
Jackie Stuver

shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2017 at 7:39am
Great pics. Those pups are adorable! :)
60g LPS Cube
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2017 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by shaggydoo shaggydoo wrote:

Great pics. Those pups are adorable! :)

Jackie Stuver

evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2017 at 3:21pm
What do you dose Jackie? It looks like you have 5 dosing hoses.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2017 at 11:20pm

What do you dose Jackie? It looks like you have 5 dosing hoses.

There's just the 4 hoses three are my alk, cal and mag and then the other one is my ATO hose, I think what you're seeing all the way to the left is just my probe
Jackie Stuver

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic