Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 WMAS Winter Banquet and Social - Event Date: February 02 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2017 at 6:36pm
Here's another reason to come to the banquet.  Yet another gift basket.  It will be "prettier" before I come, but I wanted to get this posted now or it may not get done before the big day.

I've put together a basket for all the 2nd amendment lovers in the club.

Here's a list of the items in the basket in case anyone cares:

- Splatter Targets
- 2 Pair of eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Empty Ammo Box
- 2nd Amendment Metal Sign
- Gun Safety Rules Card
- 22 Rifle/Pistol Cleaning Kit
- Gun Cleaning Solution
- 1 box 12 Gauge Shotgun Ammo
- 1 box 333 piece 22lr ammo
- 2 Gift Cards for Range at Doug's Shoot n Sports in Taylorsville
- Gift card for a family to shoot with an NRA Certified Instructor (me), at the Wasatch Action Shooting Range behind Lee Kay Range in SLC including instruction for new shooters if needed/desired.

Value: Over $200.  Especially when you figure shooting with me has to be worth at least a couple hundred bucks by itself. Wink
A Reef Oasis View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Reef Oasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2017 at 9:05pm
Nice!!

"oh crap where am I going to put that!" bstuver
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2017 at 3:10pm
I don't have a photo of my basket but I'll tell you what it contains. It is a grow kit for Romaine Lettuce for those people who have tangs and other veggie loving fish. It comes with fresh romaine seeds, soil, a hood w/ vents, an insert with many pockets, a tray with holes for drainage and a tray with no holes to keep the water off your window sill or counter. It is an odd shape so the wrap is a little odd. I got it all at my work at Western Garden Center. I am also excited to go to the banquet bc I'm going snorkeling with the sting rays at 8pm! I am so excited!
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2017 at 4:46pm
Home grown Romaine Lettuce for the Tangs?  To heck with that I'd keep it all for myself, it's my favorite. Embarrassed
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2017 at 6:32am
Today is the day! Hope to see everyone at Seaquest this evening! We are looking forward to a great event and hope you are as well.

See you all soon!
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2017 at 10:42am
We Have a few last minute changes to the banquet at Seaquest tonight. While these changes do not effect us holding the banquet it will effect our schedule or events as well as how things will run while we are there.

We no longer have to wait until 6pm to get into Seaquest! You can get in today anytime during normal business hours. So go and enjoy the whole day if you can!

Dinner will be served at 7:30 in the Party Room. There will be limited seating in this room but there will be other seating areas available throughout Seaquest to sit and eat your meal. You are also free to carry your food with you while enjoying the aquarium if you wish.

Ticket holders will receive a couple of Surprise gifts upon arrival at Seaquest that you will find out about when you get there. 😉

The aquarium is open to us until 9pm tonight so enjoy your time there and remember that almost everything there can be interacted with! Feed them, pet them, a even hold some of them! We hope you enjoy your time tonight! See you soon!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2017 at 11:38am
For those who bought tickets online, where do we get our tickets or how will they know we have tickets if we don't have physical tickets?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2017 at 12:39pm
Their names will be on a list at the door. No need for a printed ticket if bought online.

Edited by Krazie4Acans - February 02 2017 at 12:39pm
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2017 at 1:08pm
Thumbs Up I knew you guys would have it covered!!!
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2017 at 1:52pm
Check in will be at the gift shop register to the left when you enter.
Reef Tour (11/4)

Holiday Potluck (12/7)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2017 at 2:56pm
Just in case everyone doesn't know where Seaquest is. It is in the Layton Hills mall directly under the food court.

If you park in the upper lot by the food court you go in and through the food court, down the escalator and then turn back behind you to get to the entrance.

If you park by Buffalo Wild Wings then enter the mall and walk to the end of the entrance hall, turn right and walk to the center court, turn left and you are there.

If you park by Texas Roadhouse then enter the mall and walk to the end of the entrance hall, turn left and walk to the center court, turn right and you are there.

See everyone soon!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2017 at 5:20pm
Jeff- thanks!
Next Meeting: Garage Sale
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2017 at 11:05pm
We had such a great time at SeaQuest with everyone.  Dinner was great and plentiful.  Dessert was amazing, the gift baskets were a ton of fun, and the Aquarium itself was very cool.  I loved that they were so interactive and there was so much to do and see, and not just fish, but snakes, lizards and birds too.

Thanks so much to the presidency for putting this together. Clap
phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 3:43am

phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 3:52am
phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 4:37am

phys View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 4:57am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 6:05am
Those are some great pics Paul! Thank you for taking them!

Thanks everyone for being there, helping,  enjoying the evening with us and most of all for supporting the club at this event. Thanks to Kenzy and Hogie for handling the punch card sales and helping out front. The presidency for all the baskets and man power. Oh I could just go on and on. Truly just a huge thanks to everyone!

Edited by Krazie4Acans - February 03 2017 at 6:06am
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 8:39am
The Banquet was a Blast! I had a lot of fun yesterday and it was great hanging out with everyone. I loved meeting new members as well. I just wanted to say thanks to all the Presidency members who helped put on the event. The baskets were a lot of fun. The food was fantastic and the venue was a blast I also want to give a big thanks to Jeff and the rest of the staff at SeaQuest for their help in putting on the event and helping us through some last minute changes.

The biggest thanks goes to everyone who attended the banquet. We love our members and it was great to share such a special event with you. Thanks for your continued support of WMAS.

See everyone in March!
Reef Tour (11/4)

Holiday Potluck (12/7)
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 6:53pm
The banquet was awesome! The food was delish (thanks to Jeff& the Mrs bringing Holy Smokes bbq!), I got to see all my friends and I got to feed birds! The highlight of the night however was when I snorkeled with the rays and sharks! Totally worth the money for the amount of time you get to spend in there! I have too give a huge thanks to SeaQuest for this opportunity! I hope we get to build a better relationship with them! Thanks to Jon and Bacot for being organizational animals! And thanks to my friends for coming so we could get photo's and laughs out of everything that happened in The Caribbean Cove!
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic