Facebook
Twitter

Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ick
    Posted: June 05 2016 at 10:14pm
Any advice how to treat ick. Besides cleaner shrimp. Fish only tank.
ttabbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttabbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2016 at 11:03pm
In the classified section, made me think you were wanting to sell some. I was hoping someone had made an offer.

The standard treatment is copper. For fish only, seems like a reasonable method.
nsfw dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsfw dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2016 at 3:49pm
remove into a hospital tank, and lower salinity, ive heard cleaner shrimp dont do anything because the parasite is actually under the skin

why do i pick the expensive hobbies.
laroc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laroc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2016 at 4:31pm
If you have the tanks.I would pull the fish out put in quarantine tank ( I would recommend at least two). Nothing from the old goes with the fish but the ich no rock or sand. I would put in the flower pot(s) for hiding spot(s). Change the tank and water every three days within 12 days fish should be clean of ich. Break the cycle and it die off,no checimals or metals needed. Copper works but can make fish not want to eat then starve and die. The tank must be switched out entirely every three days. Has worked every time no loss.

If you do quarantine the fish the old tank will need four to six weeks for the ich to die from all the substrate.
Other ways works too but IMO some have a risk. No risk other than having empty tanks that need more salt water in then haha good luck
Always be leery of a fish farmer...wait or is it a pig farmer?
kevin.st View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2016 at 2:08pm
I agree with the above.  Just do it right the first time and make sure you QT any new members of the family from now on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic