Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request for Fish Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request for Fish Help
    Posted: August 13 2005 at 10:36pm

Here is an email I received.  I did check to verify this, and debated if I should include the phone number and address in this post.  I think I should since it may be convenient for anyone in the nearby neighborhood.  Anyway, before I jump on this I thought I would see if anyone here was interested in helping out....
------------------

Hi, you don't know me, but I was referred to you by one of our therapists.  We are a non-profit organization that finds foster homes for handicapped children.  We have a 55-gallon saltwater tank in our front lobby that was donated to us by one of our employees.  We have a person from The Aquarium donate his time to us to keep the tank clean, but what we're needing help with is donations of fish or anything else fun for the children to look at when they're in the office for therapy sessions.  Could you help us out in any way possible, even if it's just food.  If you want to learn more about our organization or check the validity of it, please go to our website at www.riseinc.net.

If you have any questions, you can call me at 208-1031 X32.

Thank you for your consideration,
Kelly Scott
RISE, Inc.
7575 S. 900 E.
Midvale, UT  84047
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 11:04pm

Adam,

Is this real? if this is i would like to donate all the fish for this aquarium.

Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 12:02am

That's cool Eric.

If we do help, I would hope we could check first to see if the tank is set up right so the items donated can live. MSM took over a tank set up by The Aquarium and had to redo some stuff that wasn't working right, including no snails, the lack of automatic water top-off and the lack of an RDP Refugium for a 180 gal tank!!

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 2:30am
I would check the aquarium out and decide what fish would work best and look at the system aswell..
[email protected]

reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 2:43am

RISE Inc is an awsome establishment that I've worked for that includes working with people with disabilities. I don't have any fish to donate, but will gladly divy out a few $$$ into a pot for donations if someone wants to take charge of such a venture. Mark, there always seemed to be used stuff at MSM that would make great additions to an improperly or under equipped system... HINT HINT.

www.captivereefing.com
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 7:15am
I will donate coral frags, and shrooms! I'll bet the lighting is not really
strong...I have stuff the will do well under low light and will help filter.

I'll bet the Aquarium is doing this for free...I think that is cool!
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 11:33am
If anyone would like to donate money for food/chem for this aquarium I will sell them at cost which will make all donations go even farther.
[email protected]

uh60chief View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uh60chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 11:40am
Eric I will stop buy and make a purchase for the cause.  Just tell me what you need and it's done.
Jason&Andrea Townsend
Bluffdale Utah
Tired of looking at my empty 125 :(
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 11:55am
I hope to be able to go by there tomorow and take a look and ill post all info on this aquarium.
[email protected]

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 1:33pm

Eric- that would be very helpful, as I'm sure I have stuff to donate but not sure what they need yet.

Adam

Bob Kripfgans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Kripfgans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 6:22pm
I would like to help also. Let me kow what we need.  
WMAS is da place!
Save the Banggai's!
Tooele,Ut.
Bob Kripfgans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Kripfgans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 12:40pm
This would be a great group effort! I would be willing to buy 2 baby clowns from Mark to donate. Also lots of pulsing xenia with (waving hands)... I think these are both about the easiest to keep.

Edited by fisher32
WMAS is da place!
Save the Banggai's!
Tooele,Ut.
kingsspot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsspot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 12:55pm
I just went to scrape all the coraline alge off my tank today and found a few loose mushrooms and zoas (some green, some orange). I will happily frag my finger leather and green napthea as well.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 1:38pm

Lynn- That sounds great and I'm sure they'll appreciate it.  I have no idea what kind of lights they have or anything else.  Hopefully Eric will let us know more.

Adam

Connie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 1:48pm

What a great bunch of people.    Talk about stepping up to the plate..This will be the nicest tank in the valley after the members of this board are done with it....

I make my own mix that will keep the fish Eric donates fat & happy. Eric, let me know who to talk with & ill drop off a few months worth tomorrow..  Make sure they have a freezer also please...

I have flying monkeys and I'm not afraid to use them.

180 gallon money pit that I love.....
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 2:05pm
I'd like to help also!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 2:25pm

Well i just got back from RISE and what a great bunch of people. There aquarium is a 46 gal tall with a magnum filter (which wasnt working) 2 t12 36" lights and one small power head and about 20lbs of live rock. The kids really want a Nemo and a few other small fish which is no problem.

I would like to see more live rock about 30lbs worth. If anyone has any live rock in there aquarium even a few pieces would be great. So lets talk corals everyone has a few rocks with alot of mushrooms and star polyps low light corals would be great. To me this is a very simple aquarium which will take very little money to get up and running and even less to take care of.

So here is a list of things we are looking for

30lbs of fully cured live rock the more things on it the better

2 small power heads (good condition)

2 new 36"t12 bulbs 1 white 1 blue

flake/frozen foods

mushroom/polyp rocks

I would like to change out the filter system to a small sump but after talking with them they dont have that much time to make sure it is allways full and the pure hassel with it so i think for now the filter will be fine.

If everyone who wishes to donate anything for them would bring there donations

to Marine Aquatics 8415 so 700 west #17

I will make sure it makes it to them.

I also think it would be a great idea to have someone after this is done take pics of each coral and fish and make a small book that the kids could look through and learn what they have in there aquarium. and also have the name of the person next to the picture of the piece they donated.

Connie bring it to the store i will be going back on wednesday

Edited by FIRE SHRIMP
[email protected]

uh60chief View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uh60chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 7:06pm

Just purchased 1 rio 800, and a 6lb piece of LR to add to the donation pot. 

Eric I talked to my wife and we are a go for donating my 30" corallife dual 65w PC fixture.  I will drop it off  tomorrow.  So save one of those 250w MH setups for me.

Edited by uh60chief
Jason&Andrea Townsend
Bluffdale Utah
Tired of looking at my empty 125 :(
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 7:21pm
sweet, that light will work great for what they need Thanks.
[email protected]

Grateful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 11:27am
I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of the RISE children to thank everyone for their generous support.  We would not have been able to keep this aquarium without your help.  To clarify something in my original message, the person who donates his time to keep our tank clean works at The Aquarium, but he cleans our tank on his own personal time.
Kelly Scott
RISE, Inc.
7575 S. 900 E.
Midvale, UT 84047
208-1031 X32
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic