Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request for Fish Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Grateful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 3:31pm

I am meeting Mark here tomorrow (Saturday) so as soon as we decide on a time to meet, I will post it so as to meet anyone here that can't come during the week before 5:00 PM.  Thank you again!  Sincerely, Kelly

Kelly Scott

RISE, Inc.

7575 S. 900 E.

Midvale, UT  84047

208-1031 X32

Kelly Scott
RISE, Inc.
7575 S. 900 E.
Midvale, UT 84047
208-1031 X32
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 3:42pm

I've got some live sand for you.  I was going to come out there this afternoon with Mark.  He was going to call me when he was on his way.  If I don't hear from him soon (by 3:30), I will bring it out my self.

I look forward to meeting you, Kelly.

p.s.  The live sand was discounted by Pet Planet for you.

===========

Shawn Winterbottom
pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 3:43pm
Let me know what time you plan on meeting tomorrow. I'll see what I can do about bringing some C. Mexicana for you.
Grateful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 3:54pm
Mark is on his way and will be here around 3:30 PM.  Mark's source for clown fish is out right now, but if anybody has any to donate, I could make arrangements to be at the office tomorrow anytime other than 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM.
Kelly Scott
RISE, Inc.
7575 S. 900 E.
Midvale, UT 84047
208-1031 X32
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 5:06pm
Hey, I thought this tank was an algae farm! It is not, it is hot!

Guys, this place is pretty close to me, so let me know what else is
needed. I only noticed one thing I think is missing.....

But, I thought there would be kids there. I didn't see anybody shorter
than me!
Grateful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 5:31pm

Mark says to call him if anyone wants to meet on Saturday and he will coordinate it. 

It was great meeting you Suzy!  Sorry about your timing on meeting any kids.  For the last hour since Mark's been here, we've had kids coming and going non-stop!

Kelly Scott
RISE, Inc.
7575 S. 900 E.
Midvale, UT 84047
208-1031 X32
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 6:38pm
   I think you should update your address! I grew up in your hood, and
drove straight to .....a house in the hood!

You're on 7th east!

OK, I would love to come back another day and bring the best kid dog on
the planet to meet some of your kids!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2005 at 10:04am

Thanks to Summertop and Bonnie and Suzy for their recent help with the RISE reef aquarium.

FYI, Mountain Shadow Marine donated snails, hermits, and LS. MSM owner, Randy Olsen offered to provide anything else needed. I told him that quite a few people here want to help. This is kind of a WMAS project so I want to be sure that everyone gets the chance to do their part.

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 6:06pm

See pic below.

Two healthy Maroon Clownfish were donated by MSM on Friday and by Monday morning the female of the pair was dead.

Several coral were also donated and added Friday. Thanks to Sandrider for the nice Xenia colony on a rock. Taking a risk, a Hammer Coral was also added.

We may have determined the cause of the fish deaths. A new finish was put on the stand and canopy when a new glass aquarium was traded out for the old acrylic tank a few months ago. This is something I have seen before. Something in the fumes from the finish inside the canopy seems to be deadly to fish, even goldfish.

On Monday evening the canopy was removed. Within the hour the male Maroon was looking better and two Tomato Clownfish were added. Thanks to Dave Tea for raising these fish. Kelly was excited to tell the office and the kids that these are locally bred and raised fish.

It's not safe to leave the canopy off. Kids may throw things into the tank. We need someone to take the canopy and either heat cure the finish, remove the inside finish or coat it with something non-toxic to fish. Who can help with this?

Edited by Mark Peterson
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 9:57pm

Call me Mark. Lets see if we can fix this. 641-3006

Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
kingsspot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsspot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 11:43pm
Dion-
If you will do it. I am willing to pick up the canopy from RISE and drive this and your other stuff to you.
Let me know if this works out.
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 1:42pm

Thanks Kingsspot1, but I took the canopy with me that same day. Before I said anything, I wanted to wait a few days to see what it did to have the canopy removed.

I just called Kelly. She said it looks great and the three clowns are still swimming, looking good. Visitors keep asking if they got a new tank.

And I was hoping that Dion would volunteer.

Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 2:33pm
That tank is starting to look really cool.  Great job everyone.  I'm glad you were able to find a good spot for those 2 rocks Mark.
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 7:55pm

That's right,

Will/wsinbad1 donated two well established good sized pieces of LR with Zoanthids, etc. on them. Will, please forgive me for not remembering to write it earlier.

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 10:46am

The refurbished hood was placed back on the tank on Monday.

Thanks so very much to Dion/Holdencraft33.

Thanks to Connie for her donation of frozen food.

Everything looks wonderful according to Kelly. The feather duster worm has not come out today and she wonders if it's okay, but from the look and sound of it, I would say that she can now add more coral and fish.

Donations accepted.

Edited by Mark Peterson
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 12:39pm
What about a school of clownfishes? Can you spare a few fry babies, Mark?
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 5:03pm
Read a few posts above. Two of the three clownfish in the tank are Dave Tea's baby Tomato Clowns.
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 4:12pm
Could use a few more donations of frags. LPS or soft coral would be best since the light is PC only.
dukester48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dukester48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 4:50pm
I can donate a zoo colony..., if your at MSM today Im going there anyways to pick up some fish..., or drop it by your house..., let me know
pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 5:03pm
I'll go home tonight and frag a piece off my finger leather. Give it a few days to heal and I'll find a time to drop it by.

Also, do they want some of my C. Mexicana? I haven't had a chance to bring it by. I've been a little busy with school. Sorry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic